Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
WinPatrol alerts you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. As a multipurpose support utility, WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.

WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that occur without your knowledge.

You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.

Change Log - Link.
  • some changes in both WinPatrol and our installation program.
  • This version addresses two major reports.
  • crashing for no obvious reason.
  • wasn't always running when the computer started.

1663__Winpatrol17_1.png

Download.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
As I've posted elsewhere, on our two XP Pro SP3 setups the "kill task" function still fails. This was confirmed by another XP user on another site.

And though each of us has the exact same options selected, when we request "plus info" via the context menu, my wife is directed to WP's "Cloud Info" page while I receive a response from a page without any reference to the "cloud" or selecting any of various cloud feedback options. (And neither of us have the cloud features enabled.)

While I appreciate and support WP (via my Plus license), it continues to be erratic in its performance. What it does, it seems to do well, but one never knows if it's operating on all cylinders which is why I run it "on demand" only these days for whatever additional information or support it may provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.