Advice Request WinPatrol alternative?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnage19

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Guys, I'm very interested in alternative for WinPatrol. I mean, I'm searching for a program to be added to traditional AV that control startup, services, task scheduler etc. in real-time. WinPatrol unfortunately doesn't work as it should be for me. Eset's HIPS does a great job but I would like to find software that isn't full AV.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
A good question, the new direction and changes in WAR have left it acting strangely for me,
the bad part is though I have yet to find a suitable replacement.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
If you enable real-time, then Kerish Doctor has this features
JzyNS4I.png

Sadly there's no free version and enabling real-time can be heavy on resources for some.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
JzyNS4I.png

Sadly there's no free version and enabling real-time can be heavy on resources for some.
Phoenix is right, I forgot about this seeing I got side tracked focusing on WAR.
I have Kerish premium and it's so cheap I got a 3yr license at a good price.
It would be a good answer for what your looking for ;) (Maybe)

adnage19

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
JzyNS4I.png

Wow, seems great! Actually, I wanted to buy a license because it's a great software, now I have even bigger motivation to spend my money :D Thanks!

adnage19

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Phoenix is right, I forgot about this seeing I got side tracked focusing on WAR.
I have Kerish premium and it's so cheap I got a 3yr license at a good price.
It would be a good answer for what your looking for ;) (Maybe)
Could you please check if this PC Control slows down PC? :)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Could you please check if this PC Control slows down PC? :)
No slowdown on PC, and I have used it for a while now.
I also use Process Lasso and so far no changes in PC response
time.
I can't say the same for Laptop though, I put it on my wife's
Laptop and it has a much slower boot time (+2 to 3) seconds
I haven't had time to rifle through and see if it is related to the
software or not but seeing that has been the only recent change
it's hard to imagine it being something else. Thanks for asking brother ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Process Hacker can monitor changes more on "Services" and "Startups", meanwhile SlimCleaner (legitimate cleaner tool, beware on bundled adware apps) also contain such monitoring tool to detect any changes.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Some day we will have to run so many security software that we won't be able to run any other software. :(

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Some day we will have to run so many security software that we won't be able to run any other software. :(
I doubt that would happen. Security and software companies are at least comparable to hackers in skill. Besides, there's research out there on effective types of security and practices for corporations in which some of them should apply to home users who are generally untargeted anyway because it's uneconomic to do so.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Anyone knows how to contact WinPatrol support.

I tried contacting them on this 2 emails:

support@winpatrol.com
war@winpatrol.atlassian.net

and I got a response from
jira@winpatrol.atlassian.net

It said I need to make an account on their support page and I did and when I tried to fill support form, it gives following error (attachment)

I replied them again about this error on jira@winpatrol.atlassian.net, but they didn't respond.

Any WinPatrol developer here or friend or person has a friend there and knows someone or how to contact or must have contacted them recently

Attachments

• winp.png
    winp.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 442

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Reactions: BugCode
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.