I used to have 360 TS, tested McAfee Internet Security then switched recently to Comodo Firewall. Only time this PC gets infected is when I do malware testing/analysis.
I edit a lot of images, if I enable UAC, I can't use drag and drop on Photoshop.@WinXPert :
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, hanks for sharing
- Even using CFW + CSs settings, enable, at least, UAC to default.
- As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
- Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.
- As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and HitManPro Free.
- A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
- MS is stopping W7 the support next year, but probably Your system can't manage "comfortably" W10 with only 2GB of RAM.
Hello @WinXPert , if you have issues ZAM false positives you can report detected items as safe with the UI button. Thank you very muchI edit a lot of images, if I enable UAC, I can't use drag and drop on Photoshop.
No need for data backup. Most of my files are TV shows episodes and a few documentaries. Not much important after viewing them
Never a fan of ZAM free (A lot of FP plus it trashes all my home brew apps and scripts). EEK is fine for me.
I used to have Password Hasher but is no longer compatible with the browser I used. Tried Dashlane but uninstalled it after 2 days.
This is not even Windows 7 ready. Audio have no Windows 7 driver support.
Thanks for the suggestions but this setup is tight yet comfy for me.
Please edit configuration to reflect changes. Looks good!Changes in Security Configuration
1. Switched to Kaspersky Security Cloud 18.104.22.1688
2. UAC set at default
3. Installed CPU Balance 22.214.171.124
4. Installed Shadow Defender 126.96.36.1997
5. Installed Sandboxie 5.20
PC is still used for malware testing. No infection so far.