Advice Request Wireless file transfer app for Android and Windows

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Do you transfer via FTP? Whats the transfer speed? And I believe its a paid feature. Whats the price of IAP?
You don't need the paid version. If you click on the WiFi icon, you will get a notification showing an IP address you have to enter in your browser. This will take you to a webpage where you can drag and drop the files you want to transfer.

I usually only transfer fairly small files and have never taken much notice of the transfer speeds.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
You don't need the paid version. If you click on the WiFi icon, you will get a notification showing an IP address you have to enter in your browser. This will take you to a webpage where you can drag and drop the files you want to transfer.

I usually only transfer fairly small files and have never taken much notice of the transfer speeds.
Its limited in ways. Like if you want to transfer files from phone to PC, you have to put files on main directory or send the whole folder. Donation required to open folders from PC. I don't mind paying but I'll test it for a few days and see other options before deciding.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Its limited in ways. Like if you want to transfer files from phone to PC, you have to put files on main directory or send the whole folder. Donation required to open folders from PC. I don't mind paying but I'll test it for a few days and see other options before deciding.
It seems that I am using the paid version. I'd forgotten that I'd bought it, but it says I did last year.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
What wireless method do you use to transfer files between Android and Windows, if you use any? Please exclude USB or cloud storage methods.
File transfer is built-in for example in Operas browser, a feature called Flow. Introduced already 2018. It works, but I'm not sure how large those files can be. Last time I used it, it was just a few pictures.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
A little update. I tried some and liked Myphoneexplorer: MyPhoneExplorer |
Its a phone management tool but worked well as file transfer between Android and Windows with the least annoyance among what I tried.
KDE connect was almost what I wanted but sadly only one file at a time from Windows version. Sticking with USB+Myphoneexplorer until I find something better.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Another update: Wifi transfer with MiXploer/Xplore file managers to Winscp using webdav is pretty good as well. Xplore, probably only paid version works with Winscp otherwise I think this method is browser only for free.
Although speed is inconsistent with webdav but better than FTP.

gonza

Level 2
Sep 10, 2019
I use Syncthing. It's not THAT easy to setup it up, but no hard either. Transfer speed is great.

The way I use it is simple:
1. I sync the DCIM folder with my PC (always on)
2. A second folder that I only use when I want to copy a file from my cellphone to my PC or vice-versa.

Also, Syncthing is P2P, encrypted, and it also works over LAN or Internet.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.