Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Wireless Network Watcher topic here ..

Wireless Network Watcher by Nirsoft get updated to version v.1.41 : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_network_watcher.html

'Wireless Network Watcher is a small utility that scans your wireless network and displays the list of all computers and devices that are currently connected to your network.
For every computer or device that is connected to your network, the following information is displayed: IP address, MAC address, the company that manufactured the network card, and optionally the computer name.' ..

This utility works on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.

FREE of course, portable version too ..;)

EDIT:
Latest version: v1.58

Last edited:

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Thrown into my folder full of small utilities like this, Infact the website contains alot more little utilities, I've downloaded some of them.

Thanks for the share.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Rock on out there in France land!!!!!! That is awesome. Thanks.

You da man! Who da man? You da man! I love these kind of simple intelligence gathering applications!

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
ZOU1 said:
Rock on out there in France land!!!!!! That is awesome. Thanks.

You da man! Who da man? You da man! I love these kind of simple intelligence gathering applications!

Thank you ZOU, you too.:D

I have some Nirsoft software too:

AlternateStreamView
BlueScreenView (in UVK folder)
CurrPorts
OpenedFilesView
ProcessActivityView
RegDllView
shexviev.exe
USBDeView

Other little app that I have:

ADS Scanner by Pointstone
AKLT.exe
BreakPE
Core Temp
DDS
DeBank
DriveSort
Exif Reader
HideProc
ProcNetMonitor
RecentFileSeeker
Recuva
RogueKiller
RSIT
Seconfig XP
SPBAT
StreamArmor
TCPView
Toolbarcop
Top100Files.exe ..

- maybe should do a little cleaning here and there ..;)

But such information may be useful for you.:D

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Latest version: v1.58.

Changelog:

Version 1.58
Fixed bug: Wireless Network Watcher failed to load the external MAC addresses file (oui.txt) when every line has 2 leading space characters. (Sometimes this file is provided with leading space characters, I don't really know why...)
Version 1.57
Updated the internal MAC addresses database.
Version 1.56
Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
Fixed issue: Dialog-boxes opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
Nirsoft is a great repository of resources for all kinds of specific need.
Until recently I had always kept a range of the Nirsoft utilities in my toolbox, then I found the Nirlauncher.
Nirsoft make a package of all their utilities compiled as a stand alone portable application called the Nirlauncher.
It is a must have in my opinion.
Check it out: http://launcher.nirsoft.net/

D

Deleted member 178

Nirsoft is a great repository of resources for all kinds of specific need.
Until recently I had always kept a range of the Nirsoft utilities in my toolbox, then I found the Nirlauncher.
Nirsoft make a package of all their utilities compiled as a stand alone portable application called the Nirlauncher.
It is a must have in my opinion.
Check it out: http://launcher.nirsoft.net/

Just put them on AV exclusions

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
"Just put them on AV exclusions"
...Thanks Umbra Polaris, I forgot to mention that. It does get detected by AV as some of the utilities contain code similar to tools used for malicious purposes. I assure you, this is false positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.