Advice Request Wireless Printing

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

john_matt

Thread author
Sep 29, 2011
Hi,

I dont know if this is insane....

I have seen many youtube videos where Rasberry pi is used to convert wired printer to wireless. However, drawback of this is, router / wireless network is a must for printing wirelessly.

I was wondering, if below is possible:

1. I have HP deskjet 3545 (Wireless) which is not usable anymore. However the PCB is working fine. I have removed PCB with wireless module, display panel and power adapter.
2. Is it possible to connect wireless module of HP 3545 externally with HP inktank 310 through USB so that I can print wirelessly.

PCB Model for HP3545 is A9T80-80042 B

Below is a basic flowchart for easy understanding.

Untitled.png

Reactions: upnorth

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I think the PCB will not recognize the new printer, the companies make sure that parts from one model cannot be used on another model even if they are same.

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 85179

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.