Wonder-My Security Configuration-May 21st. 2012

Wonder

Thread author
May 19, 2012
-

I've also added Zemana Antilogger and Secunia (PSI) to the list of security applications installed on the computer and Microsoft monthly updates are installed the same day they are released.

D

Deleted member 178

You should post it there:

http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Configuration-Wizard

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Welcome to MalwareTips. But do as umbrapolaris said and move you remove this thread and place it in the security configuration wizard. If you ask one of the moderators they may move the thread. This part of the site is for introducing yourself.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I would suggest to remove Iobit Malware Fighter since Avast does have antispyware component included.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Why are you using two AVs?. Outpost Security suite also has an antivirus. Using two antiviruses can cause performance problems. Remove the anti virus component in outpost security suite and keep Avast. You can remove outposts AV component by attempting a repair install or disabling that component.

Wonder

Thread author
May 19, 2012
McLovin said:
Any backup options?

If not here's a few options:

But also I see that you use Vista. How do you like the Aero on it and does it slow down your system?
Yes, I'm presently using Abelssoft Backup 2012 but I've got other options, including Paragon Backup & Recovery 11 Compact, Paragon System Backup 10.5 and Paragon Drive Backup 2010 that I've used before and are still available, though not installed.

Aero is not enabled on Vista Home Basic so I've never experienced it. I've read about ways to enable it but I am reluctant to try them.

Wonder

Thread author
May 19, 2012
jamescv7 said:
I would suggest to remove Iobit Malware Fighter since Avast does have antispyware component included.

Thanks. I shall follow your advice.

Wonder

Thread author
May 19, 2012
malbky said:
Why are you using two AVs?. Outpost Security suite also has an antivirus. Using two antiviruses can cause performance problems. Remove the anti virus component in outpost security suite and keep Avast. You can remove outposts AV component by attempting a repair install or disabling that component.
The antivirus component of Outpost Security Suite was disabled from the start to prevent performance problems.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How long have you been using and has IObit Malware Fighter Pro 1.4 saved you from any unwanted programs? :)

Wonder

Thread author
May 19, 2012
Earth said:
How long have you been using and has IObit Malware Fighter Pro 1.4 saved you from any unwanted programs? :)
I've been using IObit Malware Fighter for almost a year and so far it hasn't really saved me from from any unwanted programs.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Wonder said:
I've been using IObit Malware Fighter for almost a year and so far it hasn't really saved me from from any unwanted programs.

I think there is no need of it. I like to remove it but it's up to you. :)

Wonder

Thread author
May 19, 2012
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Wonder said:

I think there is no need of it. I like to remove it but it's up to you. :)
Thanks for the advice. I intend to rid my computer of anything that will hinder a good performance.

D

Deleted member 178

malbky said:
OH ok you should have mentioned that the AV was disabled but its ok.

Disabled or uninstalled?

Even disabled some AV components still reside on your system and may conflicts with your main AV.

i never tried outpost, so if you can install it without the AV during the setup, i recommend you to uninstall it and reinstall just the firewall and HIPS.

Wonder

Thread author
May 19, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
malbky said:
OH ok you should have mentioned that the AV was disabled but its ok.

Disabled or uninstalled?

Even disabled some AV components still reside on your system and may conflicts with your main AV.

i never tried outpost, so if you can install it without the AV during the setup, i recommend you to uninstall it and reinstall just the firewall and HIPS.
ok. I shall definitely give it a try.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.