Woomera's config (repost)

Windows Edition
Enterprise
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Real-time security
KIS 16
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome 64bit, uBlock origin, WOT
Maintenance tools
CCleaner

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
very good config :)maybe you should add a second browser;)
thanks for sharing

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
HTTPS Everywhere to make your connections secure.
You can use CCleaner for cleaning and optimizing your PC. It is more than enough. Maybe you should consider to use MC Shield USB Anti-Malware Tool. All these softwares are free!

Thanks for sharing!

already have ccleaner and as for flash drive shield EAM 9 already has this feature.

very good config :)maybe you should add a second browser;)
thanks for sharing

yep i have maxthon as secondary but barely fire it up. just on some situation i start it to do something specific.

Reactions: tonibalas
S

Sr. Normal

Totally agree with Yigido , a good cleaner free is necessary.
Very good configuration

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
MBAM, HitmanPro - HerdProtect ?

do they slow down your PC ?
fear.gif

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Very nice setup.
Great to see you active here again :)

that hurt :( i check the forum couple of times a day sometimes, its just that there are so many redundant posts and users dont bother to search first so i dont bother replying either :D

MBAM, HitmanPro - HerdProtect ?

do they slow down your PC ?
fear.gif

only MBAM and EAM are in real-time scanner mode, others are on-demand. meaning i only fire them up every couple of month for just a check up.

HTTPS Everywhere to make your connections secure.
You can use CCleaner for cleaning and optimizing your PC. It is more than enough. Maybe you should consider to use MC Shield USB Anti-Malware Tool. All these softwares are free!

Thanks for sharing!

i hate httpseverywhere. it breaks many of the websites that i visit. not sure exactly why, never digged any deep into it but seems useless nowadays. all the company's that host my sensitive data (i.e my gmail acc) already using https by default and if the certificates has issues or the connection no completely secure i notice that so...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.