Worst infection?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hmm would have to be this one.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-First-infection?pid=6578#pid6578

D

Deleted member 178

never faced one on my computer, im too paranoid, when i got my first computer, the first things i installed was an AV. but the first one i solve (in a friend computer) was the trojan Subseven.

Reactions: amph3tam!ne
N

Noxx

I was going to post this thread, but then I realized it was already done. So I'm reviving it. I was probably 11 or 12 years old, I was downloading music off limewire, and one of the songs I got was malware. I didn't realize it was malware when I got it. Within a few seconds, I got a fake virus scanner (again, not realizing it) installed on my computer, telling me I had to run a scan to remove a virus. I ran the scan, it told me I had removed the infection. The next morning I had some loser get a hold of my parents credit card info which was saved on my PC, and $500 was wracked up overnight. Suffice to say, I had a very, very bad day. This was probably one of the pivotal moments that got me interested in cybersecurity. How about you all?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I downloaded some music files from Morpheus (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia between 2001-2003 on Windows XP Home Edition, with no Antivirus software installed. All 5 user accounts were likely to be infected with some form of malware.

Nearing to 2003-4, we called the ISP and he recommended Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Edition, following further investigations I soon discovered and installed Avast Antivirus Home Edition 4.x and it's Boot-Time scanner found dozens of malware, adware, trojans etc.

P

PEllis

My worst infection was when I was trying to install a game mod. My old email was compromised as a result. After changing the password and cleaning my computer, I would receive these weird emails in my spam folder, constantly. Eventually, I just deleted the email account.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.