Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
As the title says: it worth of upgrading to CIS 6? I am aware of it's feature but I am concerned about its stability; I have read that people here and there who have upgraded have serious problems (more of beta problem).

Tell me your experience.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Hi,

I've been using CIS 6 since beta came out on October and so far just 2/3 bugs that I reported during beta1 and all get fixed ...
I'd recommend you to upgrade it once a new release with several fixes is out .. Anyway you should try it to see if everything works well.

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
spywar said:
I'd recommend you to upgrade it once a new release with several fixes is out.
Agreed. Also, in my opinion it's much improved in many ways. Once the new version fixes most of the reported bugs I think it's worth giving it a shot on your system. You just might like it.:)

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Chiron said:
spywar said:
I'd recommend you to upgrade it once a new release with several fixes is out.
Agreed. Also, in my opinion it's much improved in many ways. Once the new version fixes most of the reported bugs I think it's worth giving it a shot on your system. You just might like it.:)

Do you know when the next release might be?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have it installed and running on windows 8 without any problems.I have never used CIS 5 but overall CIS 6 works well and doesnt put any noticeable strain on my system.So, therefore I voted yes but I agree with the thinking that if you are worried about it don,t update and wait.

D

Deleted member 178

Stay with v5.12, the v6 was released too early, some bugs and vulnerabilities still present, not saying the full BB and redesigned interface available maybe on v6.1 release.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
kudos to all :D

I have had luck that CIS 5.10 is stable, compared to other who have problem. Even during beta I had CIS 5 installed without problems whatsoever. Many issues that occurred for many user while using CM 2.8 or 2.9beta never happened to me, lucky again but I am not sure if I have the same luck with CIS 6.

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Stay with v5.12, the v6 was released too early, some bugs and vulnerabilities still present, not saying the full BB and redesigned interface available maybe on v6.1 release.

I agree with Umbra Corp. Also V5 is more user friendly and all the statistics, activity logs and features were easily accessible in v5. I also have noticed that v6 is slower in responsiveness than v5.

Z

ZeroDay

I haven't had any problems with CIS 6 so I'd say go for it, but if your unsure you could take the advice offerd by other and wait for it to mature. Best of luck whatever you're decision.

I

illumination

Been running CIS6 here with minor issues, it will be different on everyone's system and environments. Issues i have had so far with it are mainly related to sandboxing Browsers. Sandboxing IE, and trying to watch netflix, seems silverlight does not like this and will "freeze" the browser. As of yesterday, and new version of Comodo Dragon was released following the Chromium build, and it appears to have some glitches as well, especially sandboxed on my machine. But over all performance and protection of the main suite, i would say is stable enough to use and trust.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
yes cis 6 is good even version 5 was great i prefer the v5 interface but v6 was released to be more userfriendly!

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Sorry for asking a question : Does it take $$ to upgrade versions? :huh: I have KIS...but I have used CIS once,but uninstalled it.

OP : Well,of course it is suggested,I have to agree with SpyWar. Always use latest version or you'll get infected.

P

Plexx

Payback said:
Sorry for asking a question : Does it take $$ to upgrade versions? :huh: I have KIS...but I have used CIS once,but uninstalled it.

OP : Well,of course it is suggested,I have to agree with SpyWar. Always use latest version or you'll get infected.

I will have to disagree on the always use latest version or you'll get infected quote.

Not all products whenever a new version is released are problem free.

It is better to have minor updates updated while major updates wait a bit just in case stuff is not ironed out. Core examples: BitDefender 2013 release for example. The amount of problems within first 2 days were a lot.

As for upgrading a version question: CIS like any other security solution that I am aware does not really cost you anything. CIS is free so its not a problem.

Paid solutions, often than not, from version A to version B, the license is supported (allowed to be carried over).

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Am still playing around with CIS ver6 here but honestly in comparison with ver5.12 -- I like ver5.12 better. The gui is snappy and logs and all other features are there and displays fast. In ver6 the fonts are a bit large and for those who have not a big display it eats up space and again the gui displays slow. Sandbox has indeed improved though. Am eagerly waiting for the next build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.