Would you recommend a good browser ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
hi
I currently use Google Chrome , Comodo Dragon Ice , Maxthon , SRWare Iron . Clearly erase two surely Maxthon and Chrome.
What you delete ?
Any recommendation from another browser ?.
I appreciate the speed , privacy and have many extensions.
Thank you all and I wish you a good day.
I hope the online translator has been a great help to a headache .

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
hi
I currently use Google Chrome , Comodo Dragon Ice , Maxthon , SRWare Iron . Clearly erase two surely Maxthon and Chrome.
What you delete ?
Any recommendation from another browser ?.
Thank you all and I wish you a good day.
I hope the online translator has been a great help to a headache .

You already have lots of browsers :p

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
speed: Chrome ; privacy: Firefox ; extensions: Firefox and Chrome

On my system Firefox is not much slower as Chrome... because of this I use Firefox but you have the choice... ;)

D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
I either recommend Google Chrome or Firefox.

You can download the latest version of Google Chrome from here: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/
You can download the latest version of Firefox from here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/?utm_source=firefox-com&utm_medium=referral

What you delete ?
Usually, every few weeks/once a month I go through my History and Downloads on Chrome/Firefox and clean the lists (clear History, download logs). I also clean the cache/cookies regularly (from a week to a few).

You can also download CCleaner which supports "automatic browser cleaning". It can automatically clean your browser for you, however, I assume you would require the paid version for that. In case you don't already know, CCleaner is a very well-known System Optimisation tool and I would say a majority of the users on this website are very familiar with it, and most likely use it themselves everyday/sometimes. You can download the free version/buy the pro version here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I would say you only need 1 or 2 browsers - excluding the pre-installed version of Internet Explorer which automatically comes with Windows. You could have one as your main one, and then a second alternative for when the first one maybe has a issue with something.

For example, Google Chrome may be your main webbrowser. But, you may also used a more "secure" browser for things like Banking online and logging into sensetive accounts (paypal, barclays, etc).

I should really elaborate what I meant with "when the first one maybe has a issue with something". What I meant, is sometimes your favourite/main browser will have a issue rendering a webpage or will suddenly crash. I'm not saying that browser is bad, I have had Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox all crash at some point in time. However, it's good to have a alternative for when that happens.

Good thing Google Chrome and Firefox both have a nice speed and support extensions. However, as far as privacy is concerned, you may be able to find Extensions which may help with that. Ad blocking extensions like uBlock/Adguard may help, HTTPS Everywhere/Do Not Track, and so on.

Hope I helped!
Thanks! :)

Reactions: BoraMurdar

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
for speed and extensions i would recommend another browser and especially i recommend cyberfox 64 bit.it is fast,follows firefox latest updates and it uses almost all of firefox extensions and also is very stable and hardly crushes:eek::).also for stability and speed i recommend palemoon which also has many of firefox extensions.palemoon is what i use for over a year and i am very happy with it.:D
i hope that i have helped to take a decision;)

Reactions: silversurfer

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
My all-time favorite is Google Chrome. @ work it is a very good browser because of good inspection feature.
A lot of web developers also choose Chrome. And for me Chrome scrolling is much smoother than Firefox scrolling.
Chrome on Android is also one of the best (compression feature is great and useful). Just my opinion. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:
R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
I would go for Firefox, I've been using it for years, no problem what so ever. Also, people say its slow, which it ain't. :D

Reactions: silversurfer
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Thanks to all, Whew! How many replies. I see that the two winners are the chrome and Firefox and other good recommendations such as Opera, SlimJet, Palemoonand
Sleipnir 6.1 i try, because I have always wanted to learn new software.

Rus Anca I will download it from there .
Kram7750 thank you for your lengthy reply, I use the Argente Utilities and Wise Care 365 for cleaning, in regard to the extensions, i'll try and Adguard uBlock. I'm using Adblock (advertising). Ghostery and Do Not Track Me.
Tapoo thank you for the comparative
RevolutionSphere and ConTROLLeur thank you for the council, but i had bad experiences in the past with Beta versions, so will wait for the final
RMG152 and Oneday ¡Opera! i had forgotten. Use years ago, but it became unstable and i pass to Chrome. I had forgotten it.
Silversurfer totally agree Frogboy thanks, didn't know him, he only knew of Slimbrowser, this engine with Blink is going really fast
Tonibalas like Frogboy, you have made me a discovery, knew Palemoon, but Cyberfox has impressed me
Kardo Kristal Chrome is horse winner, without a doubt
Huracan i tell you the same thing that happened to Frogboy and Tonibalas. Sleipnir 6.1 is a great discovery engine blink and the browser more beautiful that I have seen.

Conclusion: Now if I am confused, i wanted to delete two and now I want install four. I think i'll go with the Chrome and Cyberfox. While it is true that Chrome opens faster, i believe that Cyberfox has a better performance with multiple tabs open and I am one of those that there are many, perhaps too many, open at the same time. I am going to give her an opportunity to Sleipnir 6.1 , because it is fast and certainly nice for when you open your pages with a lot of text.
Opera, Palemoon SlimJet and still very good (in fact better than Ice Dragon that use Maxthon and assiduously and engrave that now), i haven't been given the results of the previous ones, but it must also be taken into account the intangible, don't know how to explain it, but the sensations that you produces one or the other.

Thank you all for your advice and your time, you have helped me a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
I wish to apologize if I offended anyone .
I am Spanish and with a very low level of English , I have used the services of Babylon translator and has translated terribly wrong , what I've written Rus Anca.
In Spanish : Rus Anca lo descargaré de ahí .
Babylon Translation : Rus Anca as jealous of there
Correct translation: I will download it from there
If I have offended someone , please , I beg your pardon . I can be ignorant not to speak / write English , but I'm grateful and polite to all who have helped me .
Anca Rus , sending you a link where you can see the bad play that has made me the translator. I respect you, I thank you for your help and sorry I offended.

oVT22bC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.