Not open for further replies.

Reethu

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2014
Update Log - WPS

Unlock the restriction in FREE Personal Edition:
  • Save as Microsoft Office 2007-2010 File Format (docx, pptx, xlsx etc.)
  • REMOVED Watermark. Sponsored Access on Printing and Print to PDF.
  • Sponsored Access on: Track Changes, Mail Merge, Form Field Locking, Export to Compressed File/Folder and Share Workbooks.

Because of Save As newer MS Office formats and also removing watermarks is probably the best release as of now, because this was the reason why it got so much flak in the previous versions.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to use a firewall to restrict ads but still use the Print feature function? Also how are the ads presented like?

Am using Kingsoft Office, and might make a switch according to the response for the above.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I am using this and it works great. It can replace microsoft office easily for people that don't use the more advanced features like me.

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

You can eliminate the home page with ad:

Options > General and Save > Start With > New Document (maybe only available in paid version)

Trying to eliminate the ad by blocking via firewall rule(s) is not the way to go.

That being said, there should be no dependency between Print and the presence of the ad; you should be able to print.

One way or another, you aren't going to get something for nothing from Kingsoft any longer as they changed their marketing strategy.

Reactions: Kuttz and Reethu

Reethu

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2014
You can eliminate the home page with ad:

Options > General and Save > Start With > New Document (maybe only available in paid version)

Trying to eliminate the ad by blocking via firewall rule(s) is not the way to go.

That being said, there should be no dependency between Print and the presence of the ad; you should be able to print.

One way or another, you aren't going to get something for nothing from Kingsoft any longer as they changed their marketing strategy.

Oh you mean the homepage in the Newtab of WPS Office that autostarts on load shows the ad? Not as a pop-up or in a web browser? If that's the case then it's good enough for me to switch

I just want to know how the ad displays while using the print feature?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.