WPS Office Free Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Try everything which has the words "cloud" and "center" in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6. Also the two executables two directories above this path. Twice or thrice their ads were blocked with URL:Mal, which is not good thing generally.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I use this, but also to disable cloud, tasks are unique for each user.

Code:
reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "HasReportTaskSchel" /t "REG_SZ" /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "SendInfo" /t "REG_SZ" /d "deny" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "showadinf" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "0" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common" /v "DynSvr" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common" /v "ICSvr" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common" /v "NotifySvr" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common" /v "SupportSvr" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common" /v "UpdateSvr" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "InfoSvr" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "StateSvr" /f
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscenter.exe" /s /f /q
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudlaunch.exe" /s /f /q
taskkill /im wpscloudsvr.exe /f
takeown /f "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudsvr.exe" /a
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudsvr.exe" /s /f /q
takeown /f "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudlaunch.exe" /a
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudlaunch.exe" /s /f /q
taskkill /im updateself.exe /f
taskkill /im wpsupdate.exe /f
rd "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\wtoolex" /s /q
schtasks /DELETE /TN "WpsExternal_Mikai_20170618155610" /f
schtasks /DELETE /TN "WpsKtpcntrQingTask_Mikai" /f
schtasks /DELETE /TN "WpsUpdateTask_Mikai" /f

Baron Mordo

Level 1
Verified
Jun 28, 2015
About a year ago Kingsoft removed the watermark. When I used it you could print documents and there was no watermark. If Kingsoft reintroduced the watermark I am unaware of it.

WPS Office Free latest version is now available without watermarks

thanks for the information.
i have another question, what is the difference between free and paid product? are there a really big difference in usability?
from the screenshot i think this software is closest to ms office so i want to try it

Reactions: shmu26

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
i have another question, what is the difference between free and paid product? are there a really big difference in usability?
from the screenshot i think this software is closest to ms office so i want to try it

Not much really. The core features are the same across the versions. Here's a link that shows the comparison between free, pro and enterprise versions.

GbX7PNw.png

Reactions: frogboy

With the paid product you unlock advanced features such as macros, cloud storage (used to need premium), and advanced features that few people end up actually ever using. If all you need is basic document creation and editing, image insertion into a document, spreadsheet creation, etc, then WPS will meet those needs. In my experience it is the closest to MS Office and Office365 than any other product out there.

With the free version there are ads in the products. You can configure each program to open to a blank new project instead of the templates page with the ads.

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
I'm curious, what is the core differences with WPS v. LibreOffice? Considering LibreOffice is completely free, offers a wide-arrange of tools, and also ad-free.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012

Code:
reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "HasReportTaskSchel" /t "REG_SZ" /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "SendInfo" /t "REG_SZ" /d "deny" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "showadinf" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "0" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "InfoSvr" /f
reg delete "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\updateinfo" /v "StateSvr" /f
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscenter.exe" /s /f /q
takeown /f "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudsvr.exe" /a
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudsvr.exe" /s /f /q
takeown /f "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5871\office6\wpscloudlaunch.exe" /a

Yeah! I thought I was the only one who was crazy enough to block a lot of WPS not-needed processes :) I saw some additional's that I will use also. Thanks :) They do call home and do some other not-needed stuff without your consent ;)

Reactions: TairikuOkami

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Anyone know how well the cloud versioning feature works? Does it save versions while a doc is open, and you are editing it?
And if you do a system image restore, is it smart enough to give you the latest version of your doc?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I bought a lifetime pro license a few years ago and used it for some time. Then it started triggering malware warnings on my UTM's during updates, these weren't generic or heuristic hits which is what caused me alarm. After that I removed it and ceased using it. Any computer/security software from China draws intense scrutiny from me because I simply don't trust it.

Otherwise, I thought it was an excellent product! I suppose I could put it on a test machine and monitor it for a few weeks and see if I can capture some threats, but I haven't had the time lately.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

Code:

I presume you mean I have to create a notepad file with these and save it as .reg and execute it? But it gives me an error saying it's not a registry script. Can you send me the .reg file?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Yes, bat will do or just copy it to CMD, but it does not seem to block that one popup AD a day. :(
Some parts change based on the version number. If you want to use cloud, you can not remove them anyway.

reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\wpshomeoptions" /v "StartWithBlank" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "1" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Kingsoft\Office\6.0\Common\wpshomeoptions" /v "StartWithHome" /t "REG_DWORD" /d "0" /f
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5908\office6\wpscenter.exe" /s /f /q
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5908\office6\wpscloudlaunch.exe" /s /f /q
takeown /f "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5908\office6\wpscloudsvr.exe" /a
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5908\office6\wpscloudsvr.exe" /s /f /q
takeown /f "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5908\office6\wpscloudlaunch.exe" /a
del "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5908\office6\wpscloudlaunch.exe" /s /f /q
rd "%LocalAppData%\Kingsoft\WPS Office\10.2.0.5908\wtoolex" /s /q
schtasks /DELETE /TN "WpsExternal_Mikai_20170728232959" /f

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.