Battle WSA AntiVirus 2014 (giveaway this forum) vs Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Which is better:
- Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus 2014 (giveaway this forum) or Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition.
Which is your opinion?

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Hello umbra

Bitdefender free is not available for my country (france) so i can talk only about bitdefender paid version and with thisone i always found it unstable at least for me^^

I

illumination

A paid vs free? Anyway, even if it was full suite of bitdefender i would chose WSA over it any day. Bitdefender is to unstable, and last time i ran it, was a little heavy. WSA is light, effective "roll back feature a major plus" , and very stable, never a problem running it, matter of fact, for most novices around my area, it is what i recommend, as a set and forget AV that will serve them right.

arsh

Level 1
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
people doesn't know what they talk about...

this post deserve a dislike :D
Sir, i really respect your knowledge but i have seen that webroot local database helps it to remember malware & prevent pc from getting infected by the same malware next time.... When i disconnected LAN it never recognized new malware....Please guide me if i am wrong... What settings should i do ?

D

Deleted member 178

but i have seen that webroot local database helps it to remember malware & prevent pc from getting infected by the same malware next time....

yes since local database is a cached copy of the one in the cloud

When i disconnected LAN it never recognized new malware....

normal because WSA is fully effective when linked to its the cloud and supposed to be online all the time but if you cant be online all the time you should set WSA as following (this setting will transform WSA's Behavior Blocker into a pseudo-HIPS):

ohnOpBW.png

Reactions: arsh and Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.