WSA vs AV-test June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
I have only used and would only use Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for the simple reason Windows 7 Firewall is good enough for my needs.

Unfortunately, I have not extensively experienced WSA Firewall, so I cannot give you some insight. I shall leave this to Umbra or another user who has used its firewall component more.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
mercurial said:
Would greatly appreciate if Biozfear (love your vids) or Umbra Corp ( read loads of your review as well :p ) could enlighten me about it's firewall :D.

it fact, WSA 's Firewall is not a real "firewall" ! I will rather call it a " Connections Monitor" ; it improved your Firewall (which just control inbound/outbound connections without distinctions if malware or not) by adding a security layer; you will still need a real Firewall (or let Win7 firewall active) since you don't have any control over inbound connections, ports, packets, etc...

It is just a feature that monitor outbound connections of suspicious or unknown processes from your system; it is designed to block connections from malwares (in case of rootkits, keyloggers and other trojan-downloaders trying to upload datas or download more stuff )

It works alongside any Firewall.

Hope my explanation was clear :D

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
mercurial said:
Would greatly appreciate if Biozfear (love your vids) or Umbra Corp ( read loads of your review as well :p ) could enlighten me about it's firewall :D.

it fact, WSA 's Firewall is not a real "firewall" ! I will rather call it a " Connections Monitor" ; it improved your Firewall (which just control inbound/outbound connections without distinctions if malware or not) by adding a security layer; you will still need a real Firewall (or let Win7 firewall active) since you don't have any control over inbound connections, ports, packets, etc...

It is just a feature that monitor outbound connections of suspicious or unknown processes from your system; it is designed to block connections from malwares (in case of rootkits, keyloggers and other trojan-downloaders trying to upload datas or download more stuff )

It works alongside any Firewall.

Hope my explanation was clear :D

Ah, i was curious about it cuz i did see a couple of pics of the firewall section and i didn't really see the usual options you find in the firewall options so was a bit spectical about the firewall. Thanks for the info :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.