Troubleshoot Wsappx error disable

JLSQE

Thread author
May 17, 2021
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Wsappx disable error
When I disabled the wsappx services in regedit appxsvc and clipsvc, I restart and the office stops working because it tells me that I cannot find the service, for now, I only activate the appxsvc and Office goes but obviously the wsappx is activated and it continues to consume me from 12 to 14 % CPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi

Thiagoo

Level 3
May 10, 2021
You should consider running chkdsk, SFC and DISM to see if there's nothing damaged, because 14% for a WIndows service is pretty high. wsappx here is always at 0% CPU usage, so just go on a Command Prompt with administrator rights and type these commands on this sequence (chkdsk can take some time to finish, but DO NOT cancel it):

chkdsk /r (if it says that the drive is in use just type Y and press Enter and restart)
sfc /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Upvote 0

bendunk0234

Jul 3, 2021
You can disable this Windows service in Windows Task Manager. Simply select it and end the task to kill it. However, ending the Windows service is only a temporary solution as it does not affect startup type.

Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.