wvole's August-2017 Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvole

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 8, 2017
Hello, everyone. I recently did a clean install. I was trying out Sophos Home premium beta. I was also running a fast ring build of Windows 10. The problem I was with HitmanPro.Alert built into Home Premium kept identifying dnsapi.dll as malware.It made no difference with an exemption. eventually, the dns server would stop working after a few minutes, even when Sophos was removed. I had no problems with the release build.
F-secure is a perpetual beta since 2014. I have not had any malware since then.

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
You have a secure config, but I don't get where there is any 'lockdown'. To me lockdown means you are using something like ReHIPS, AppGuard, or VoodooShield.

Reactions: AnonMan

wvole

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 8, 2017
You have a secure config, but I don't get where there is any 'lockdown'. To me lockdown means you are using something like ReHIPS, AppGuard, or VoodooShield.
My error and omission. I do use SecureAPlus, with offline AV not installed, and cloud AV off. I have the whitelist set to "Name in trusted certificate list", as I was not sure of the other two options.

Reactions: AnonMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.