Advice Request X-proxy

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamdy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 10, 2017
i use avg internet security. from two days ago i installed X-proxy APP. today it gave me this message and
when i click on "here" it's open all those websites
o5deoh.jpg

http://www.system.com/
cannot.com
Find.com MultiSearch
Denver Colorado Neighborhoods, Real Estate, Apartments, Community | the.com
file.com
Search
http://www.(exception.com/
http://from/
https://www.google.com.eg/search?q=...efox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=WsOxWOH3CoPB8gfDx7HgDw
http://www.0x80070002).com/

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
X Proxy would not be malicious, but the problem is that many public proxy servers may have serious privacy problems with a risk for the shared information.
AVG has probably blocked this app to prevent access to these proxy servers.

Reactions: hamdy

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
@Winter Soldier i understand that. but AVG not blocked that. when i click on "here" the Firefox open and open multi tabs with those websites
Sorry, I had misunderstood.
Strange, the "here" button should be relative to the deployment server as the message.
It seems redirects, are you sure your PC is clean?
Have you downloaded the app from the official site?

Reactions: Wave

hamdy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 10, 2017
yes, i am sure my PC is clean. and all windows and software are up to date. yes. i download it from official website. it download "setup.exe" file and install on-line from them server

hamdy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 10, 2017
and this is log file when i click on Details
"
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.14393.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
clr.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfdll.dll : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
dfshim.dll : 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/hamdy/Desktop/X-Proxy.appref-ms%7C
Server : Apache
Deployment Provider url : http://www.saucessoftware-update.com/updates/xproxy/X-Proxy.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\hamdy\Desktop\X-Proxy.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2/25/2017 9:24:22 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\hamdy\Desktop\X-Proxy.appref-ms| has started.
* [2/25/2017 9:24:22 PM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2/25/2017 9:24:26 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

"

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
yes, i am sure my PC is clean. and all windows and software are up to date. yes. i download it from official website. it download "setup.exe" file and install on-line from them server
It is possible that the program actually does not work because of server problems, considering that it needs a connection.
Also you can try to uninstall and reinstall the program.
Otherwise AVG firewall has blocked the app, can you check that.

Reactions: Wave

hamdy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 10, 2017
in the first day i used it wile avg firewall work it work without any problems. and when that is happed i stopped avg firewall and try but the same. the question now is not in "it not open or not" the question here is why it open all those sites.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
in the first day i used it wile avg firewall work it work without any problems. and when that is happed i stopped avg firewall and try but the same. the question now is not in "it not open or not" the question here is why it open all those sites.
If your program or server do not work well, it means that not even the "here" button works correctly.

Last edited:

hamdy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 10, 2017
'here" button must take me to program website for feedback. but that is not what happened. it open sites above

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
'here" button must take me to program website for feedback. but that is not what happened. it open sites above
When you press the button, you activate a link to the server.
If the server is bad configured or it has problems like redirects, you've got what happens with non-requested sites and the app doesn't work.
I think that the main problem is server side.

hamdy

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 10, 2017
this is last registry for proxy server when this problem happens
Registry Entry - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyServer = 179.0.151.137:80

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.