Status
Not open for further replies.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
At the moment, the cloud database contains few MD5 records, so you may not experience/test its power at present.
Most of the threats will be detected with local engine, Cloud Scan is not the primary detect method(So we disabled Cloud Scan on the default settings).
BTW, a known bug is the first file(after program opened) sent to cloud for md5 check will not get result, we will fix it ASAP.

Can you enable the Cloud Scan in the default settings reactivated or fully worked

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Can you das when the Cloud Scan in default settings reactivated or fully worked

With best Regards
Mops21
In my mind, I would not like to enable Cloud Scan in default settings even though I fixed the bug.
If you like, you can re-enable it manually. But it contributes few on detection, just a better way for rapid response:)
Add one record into Cloud, it's very quick, but only can detect one sample.
Add one signature into database[You may see that we update md5 local signature few times, mainly update hex signature & fuzzy hash signature], it will cost some time, but can detect many viruses.

Reactions: CySecy825

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
In my mind, I would not like to enable Cloud Scan in default settings even though I fixed the bug.
If you like, you can re-enable it manually. But it contributes few on detection, just a better way for rapid response:)
Add one record into Cloud, it's very quick, but only can detect one sample.
Add one signature into database[You may see that we update md5 local signature few times, mainly update hex signature & fuzzy hash signature], it will cost some time, but can detect many viruses.

Hi

When I scan go to settings and put the number 9 to enable all Options the Heuristik, Log and the Cloud

I will check this with the next Updates of XSec

With best Regards
Mops21

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi

When I scan go to settings and put the number 9 to enable all Options the Heuristik, Log and the Cloud

I will check this with the next Updates of XSec

With best Regards
Mops21
If you put the number 9, the Heruistic & Log & Cloud will be enabled. [Any problems?]

Reactions: CySecy825

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
If you put the number 9, the Heruistic & Log & Cloud will be enabled. [Any problems?]

No my man thank you very much for your help and for your answers

With best Regards
Mops21

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
We will release new version tomorrow, re-download is needed.:)Another big update[Although the version would be 1.1.0.1]

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner updated to 1.1.0.1 [2015-12-31]
- Happy New Year!
- Updater supports self-update(Need to run a batch file to finish update, DO NOT delete the batch file in program folder)
- Update signature structure(Can not use in old version)
- X-Sec CommandLine Scanner Updater updated to 1.0.0.6
- Users should re-download our new version to finish this update
@Frost And... After this update, most of the following update will not let users re-download full program;)

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner updated to 1.1.0.2 [2016-01-13]
- Enhanced Cloud Scan(In fact, we just added MicroSign Check into Cloud)
- Fix a bug in main program(@Andrew999 ,the bug I have told you before will be fixed in the next version, it needs some time)
- XSec_CS.dll updated to 1.0.0.1
@Frost

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner updated to 1.1.0.3 [2016-01-28]
- Added Single File Scan(NOTICE: The result will not be recorded in scan log) @OokamiCreed
How To Use?
1. Just drag one file into our EXE file(Not the commandline window), then X-Sec will pop-up a window to show the result.
2. Call it through commandline(USAGE: Switch to the path where X-Sec stores, then input XSecCmdScan_Premium.exe "FILE_NAME").
3. If you have better idea about how to show the single file scan result, just contact with us.
- Fixed a long-existing bug @Andrew999
- XSec_FI.dll updated to 1.0.0.5
- XSec_HE.dll updated to 1.0.0.9

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
do I have to completely re download because I checked for an update and it says my program version is up to date even though it is on 1.1.0.2
WTF?!
Maybe I did not replace the update config on Server, but I have to do it tonight because there is a power failure on our community today.
BTW, which update server do you use?

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-28_21-35-13.png
    upload_2016-1-28_21-35-13.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 655

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
don't you mean on the website I just use the default download. Now I have downloaded it from the website I done a update using the bat file and within the program and it pops up with this.
View attachment 81696
Some users complain about the update speed when uses default update server, so about 1 month ago, I deployed a mirror server, users need a special update config to update through mirror server(much faster but not always the latest).
If you download our program, it does not contain the special config(you can get it through FAQ page)
As for the problem you mentioned, I' ll check it tonight(power failure until 7 p.m. GMT+8:00)

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
don't you mean on the website I just use the default download. Now I have downloaded it from the website I done a update using the bat file and within the program and it pops up with this.
View attachment 81696
Sorry for the late(The power failure stopped on 9:30 p.m. GMT+08:00, a lot late than they promised...)
I have checked the server, it' s OK, and I also force CDN to refresh its cache(But the cache in our mirror server can not control by us).
You can try to re-download program from our website, if still have trouble, try our alternative download URL from our product page and download&use our special update config on our FAQ page. Sorry for the inconvenience!

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner updated to 1.1.0.3 [2016-01-28]
- Added Single File Scan(NOTICE: The result will not be recorded in scan log) @OokamiCreed
How To Use?
1. Just drag one file into our EXE file(Not the commandline window), then X-Sec will pop-up a window to show the result.
2. Call it through commandline(USAGE: Switch to the path where X-Sec stores, then input XSecCmdScan_Premium.exe "FILE_NAME").
3. If you have better idea about how to show the single file scan result, just contact with us.

Works great and have tested newest version of X-Sec against clean and infected files, both command line (folder) and single file (drag onto exe) and got the expected results. The only question I have is what is the size limits for this, if any? Of course there is no reason to scan large files, I'm more interested in how small it can go.

To my knowledge, PE files don't go too small so I simply used a vbs script that I made up. It's file size was 189bytes and while trying to scan it, I got a out of size dialog box in return. I'm more interested in knowing if that is a way to block non-PE files from being scanned (I realize it would normally skip these files on directory scan) or if there is a file size limit (such as 1kb to 10MB). If this was covered already, I apologize.

And a general comment. I noticed unlike many other developers, you let users of X-Sec know straight away that a runtime package was needed to run this. Not only that but which one (x86 or x64). Many do not know a runtime error dll message when they see one. The internet is practically spammed with "what does this error mean".

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Any file whose size is smaller than 600Bytes or larger than 10Mb will be skipped. In single file scan, when scan these files, it will return "OUT OF SIZE". In folder scan, it will be skipped. In the future I' ll let users can modify this setting.
At the moment:
Supported file types: PE/SWF/OLE/PDF
PE files will be checked with all detect methods(MD5, Hex Sign, MicroSign, Cloud, Heuristic)
SWF files: Hex Sign, Cloud
OLE files: MD5, Cloud
PDF files: Cloud
@OokamiCreed

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner updated to 1.1.0.4 [2016-01-29]
- Now both Drag & Drop Scan and basic scan method support single file/folder scan
- Now Drag & Drop Scan result can write to scan log(Depend on the setting of scan log)
- Fix a bug in main program

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner Updater updated to 1.0.0.7 [2016-01-29]
- Auto-close main program before updating program modules
We strongly recommend you to re-download our new version to finish this update.[Because the batch file has an update:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.