From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
ANNOUNCEMENT:
1.From 2016.2.8 to 2016.2.14, there is a public holiday in China, so X-Sec will not update as frequent as before :)
2.Update without change version number will not write to update log(Yesterday I released a small update for main program ;-))
Thank you for your support!

Reactions: Rishi and CySecy825

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner updated to 1.1.0.6 [2016-02-14]
- Now X-Sec can scan more types of file
- Improve scan speed(About 5%)
- Some minor changes
- XSec_FI.dll updated to 1.0.0.6
- XSec_HE.dll updated to 1.0.1.0

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
ANNOUNCEMENT:
1.From 2016.2.8 to 2016.2.14, there is a public holiday in China, so X-Sec will not update as frequent as before :)
2.Update without change version number will not write to update log(Yesterday I released a small update for main program ;-))
Thank you for your support!
Good to see you back if you are. If you are what are you going to be adding next? Delete Feature?

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner updated to 1.1.0.7 [2016-02-27]
- Now X-Sec remove detected threats
- Adjust Heuristic Module to avoid false positives
- Fix a small bug in main program
- XSec_HE.dll updated to 1.0.1.1
We strongly recommend you to re-download our new version to finish this update.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @xywcloud

When I opened X-Sec CommandLine scanner and put B into it for the Settings right and enable the following Settings Nr. 2,5,7 only but he enable the Nr. 9 with it but I will only enable 2,5,7

Can ou help me please

With best Regards
Mops21

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi @xywcloud

When I opened X-Sec CommandLine scanner and put B into it for the Settings right and enable the following Settings Nr. 2,5,7 only but he enable the Nr. 9 with it but I will only enable 2,5,7

Can ou help me please

With best Regards
Mops21
Thank you for your feedback!
This options will be changed in the next version. And it's also in my consideration(Even though you didn't tell me:))

Reactions: CySecy825 and Rishi

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I might of found a bug. I downloaded a Malware Pack and renamed all the files to .exe because they were a .vir file. I scan them and it had 11 files in the Pack and it says it skipped 10 for some reason. I know X-Sec automatically skips files bigger than 10 or 20 MB I think it is but these aren't 10 or MB and they are a EXE file which is supported. Also some other times when I have scanned Malware Packs and I think it hasn't shown all of the detected items on the results menu. it only shows how many threats it detected but doesn't show what type of detection it is.

Regards, Andrew :)

upload_2016-3-28_18-42-50.png

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I might of found a bug. I downloaded a Malware Pack and renamed all the files to .exe because they were a .vir file. I scan them and it had 11 files in the Pack and it says it skipped 10 for some reason. I know X-Sec automatically skips files bigger than 10 or 20 MB I think it is but these aren't 10 or MB and they are a EXE file which is supported. Also some other times when I have scanned Malware Packs and I think it hasn't shown all of the detected items on the results menu. it only shows how many threats it detected but doesn't show what type of detection it is.

Regards, Andrew :)

View attachment 90973
Thank you for your feedback!
But, X-Sec never uses file extension to identify a file' s type.
Modify file' s extension will not change whether X-Sec scan it or not.
If the files is executable, even though you changed its extension into something else or left it blank, X-Sec would still scan it.
So, you can try to send the samples to me, I' ll tell you the reason why X-Sec does not scan them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.