Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
BBC News said:
Microsoft has announced the launch date and price for its new Xbox One.

The new console will go on sale in November this year, with a recommended retail price of £429 in the UK, $499 in the US and 499 euros.

The announcement was made during its keynote opening event at the E3 games expo in Los Angeles.

Rival console manufacturer Sony said its console would be out during the "holiday 2013" period, although no official date has been set.

If both the PlayStation 4 and the XBox One go on sale in November this year, it would be the first time the two rivals have launched simultaneously. Previous consoles were released at least a year apart.

Aoife Wilson, a Staff Writer with Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine, told BBC News that there did not appear to be any reason for the increased price in Europe compared to the US.
"There's a 34% mark up on the price this side of the Atlantic and there's no real reason I can see for that", she said.

"The price seems to be a real sticking point for many people, based on the comments I've seen on Twitter. But the XBox One has so many unique capabilities over its rival, that it might just give them the edge."

"I think people will be willing to pay that price and I do think that price will come down next year", she added.
Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22848625

Z

ZeroDay

Thanks for the share Jack. I'm waiting for all the details on both consoles so I can decide which one I'm going for, Although I do like the look of the Xbox one.

FlyToAllWorld

Verified
Jun 13, 2013
Microsoft completely and utterly screwed up their presentation. In comparison, Sony's E3 conference seemed as if it was directed specifically in response to the Xbox One reveal. While MS showcased various features that weren't related to gaming, Sony showcased an absolute hellton of games. I'm not saying this is a cause for celebration yet, but it's definitely blown Microsoft out of the water, considering all the DRM and used games restriction BS going around.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
ZeroDay said:
Thanks for the share Jack. I'm waiting for all the details on both consoles so I can decide which one I'm going for, Although I do like the look of the Xbox one.

Coming from a Big Microsoft and Xbox guy, I'd go for a PS4.
Better selection from games, No used game restrictions, Optional DRM, PS+ Looks a lot better then the current xbox LIVE gold. Its also more centered for Hardcore gamers like me then the entertainment/casual market the Xbox is aiming for.

So in all, Go for a PS4 or a Wii U. From Nintendo's Direct at E3, I have a more positive view for Nintendo's Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.