XBOX One S Console Release Date & Price announced

Noxx

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
"Back at Microsoft’s E3 press conference in June, the company revealed the Xbox OneS, an updated, slimmer, and more capable console with a planned launch sometime in August. We now know that it’s arriving sooner rather than later, with the “launch edition” model going on sale in just two weeks.

“Today, we’re excited to announce that the highly-anticipated 2TB Xbox One S launch edition will begin hitting shelves in select regions on August 2,” Xbox Devices Marketing general Manager Matt Lapsen says.

The 2TB hard drive size is a welcome improvement to the 500GB and 1TB limits found on previous Xbox One systems, and the $400 price tag means the slimmer system will effectively replace the original chunky console. However, only the 2TB model will be releasing on August 2. Xbox One S consoles with smaller storage capacity (and a smaller price) will be releasing as well, but they won’t be available initially.

This is a similar strategy that Microsoft took when the Xbox One first launched back in 2013. The only available bundle came with a Kinect sensor and retailed $500, but a cheaper, Kinect-free bundle went on sale several months later.

Related: Microsoft shows Gears of War 4 Xbox One S console

Speaking of Kinect, if you do plan on using the accessory with the Xbox One S, you’ll want to contact Microsoft about getting an adapter. If you’ve owned a previous Xbox One and Kinect, you’re eligible to receive the adapter for free. Should you purchase the adapter on your own, it will set you back $40.

The Xbox One S’ sleek design certainly impressed us at E3, and its smaller size should help it fit better in any entertainment system, but with Project Scorpio coming next year, you might want to hold off on switching out your old Xbox One. But if you haven’t jumped on the Xbox train yet this generation, it definitely looks like your best choice."

Noxx

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
PC Master Race!

XBOX fans world wide

hLwN26X.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PC Master Race!
There's no need for that. You are not superior nor better than anyone else.

I voted Yes in the Poll, because I am interested in what they have to offer, how it will affect the market share and response from their competitors.

O

Omnipotent

There's no need for that. You are not superior nor better than anyone else.

I voted Yes in the Poll, because I am interested in what they have to offer, how it will affect the market share and response from their competitors.
I have an Xbox One too, I was joking around.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.