Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Xfire is a free tool that automatically keeps track of when and where gamers are playing PC games online and lets their friends join them easily. It works regardless of game type, server browser, or gaming service that a player is using.

Xfire combines instant messaging, a server browser, peer-to-peer file downloads, in-game messaging, screenshot and video capture and one of the most active gaming communities in the world into a small, simple package. Best of all, it's free!

Change Log - Link.
  • Added support for Korean IME in Xfire In-Game
  • Updated Xfire In-Game hooking code (NEW_INPUT_SYSTEM flag). This should fix various different issues in a lot of games.
  • Fixed bleed-through issues in some games. More to come soon.
  • Xfire now shows in your taskbar when activated.
  • Minor fixes

1891__Xfire_2.png

Download

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Has any of you tried Xfire? I'm not a gamer myself but it appears to be a nice freeware comparable to Ventrilo with more features.

Thanks.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Littlebits said:
Has any of you tried Xfire? I'm not a gamer myself but it appears to be a nice freeware comparable to Ventrilo with more features.

Thanks.:D

I currently use it now. Very good to keep up with your friends when playing online games. Ventrilo is only a chat client Xfire is sort of as well, but with xfire you get to see what games friends are playing Ventrilo you can't.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Xfire 1.148 Build 45320

Change Log - Link
  • Added ability to broadcast on Twitch.TV (replacing LiveStream)
  • Adjusted Options menu tabs accordingly for Twitch.TV implementation
  • Fixed crashing when navigating to Tools -> Options if using XSplit, ManyCam, and other webcam software
  • Fixed some IME and XInput issues
  • Fixed more bleed-through issues
  • Minor changes

parihar7

Oct 16, 2012
I am using it. best thing about this, you can send messages and talk to your friends while playing online games and join them in games too.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Xfire 1.151 Build 45941

Change Log - Link
  • Added full Xfire In-Game support for DirectX 9 Extended games (World of Tanks, Source games, and hundreds more)
  • When broadcasting, your streams will now be sent to a server nearer to you. (Used to be USA only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.