XP Knockoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk3llgamerZDay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Hi everyone. Here I'm at it again with another simple post! I want to know your thoughts on Windows XP Knockoff's such as ChaletOS,Zorin OS or ReactOS. I know most of these are not knockoffs and have their own linux based system. However what are all of your thoughts on the subject? :) I want to know because I think Zorin is a good Linux Distro but it is a little non-customizable unlike ChaletOS. Also what do you think of ubuntu neokylin?

Here are a few links to some of these knockoffs however some are actually better:
(CREDIT: Youtuber, Quartz )- Neokylin

- Chaletos (Linux Quest)

- Dragua1 (React OS)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
React OS is more on Windows 2000 which blends on the classic theme.

Meanwhile Zorin OS is more fancy on Windows 7.

So honestly it's my first time to see Neoklyin OS, the theme is definitely close to XP. ;)

Anyway ReactOS is still on the snail development and contains major issues which will turn to unbootable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.