Xtreme Download Manager (Release and User feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just installed the latest version from github.

Problem

1) Some of the the text on the GUI is a bit small on my MS Surface Pro 3 tablet. When I click the gear icon the smaller size text on the right side pane is a bit too small. Even the download screen size, the delete video screen size, drop down menus and their text are small

Can have all the text slightly larger would be nice

2) After I downloaded a video the links appear in 2 places. One is when I open XDM => video. The other is on the DOWNLOAD VIDEO bar on the bottom right hand corner. I can delete the video link in the former but the link in the latter still remains. Can't find a way to get rid of the link

3) The [X] button on the DOWNLOAD VIDEO bar (on the bottom right hand corner) is almost covered by the VoodooShield button on the desktop. It is below VoodooShield button. If can move the DOWNLOAD VIDEO bar higher would be good

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
It would be wonderful if there is an option to download only the audio part of video.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
It would be wonderful if there is an option to download only the audio part of video.
I think XDM's way is through conversion (e.g. an mp4 file to mp3).

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Hi Subhra,

About improving the batch download feature, I would like to know how to batch download images that doesn't fall in a particular sequential numbering format?

For instance EagleGet let's me right click on a webpage and choose to Download all links with EagleGet that opens up a batch download feature to filter what type of files you want to batch download. Can this be implemented in XDM?

NhCzqHn.png

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Just installed the latest version from github.

Problem

1) Some of the the text on the GUI is a bit small on my MS Surface Pro 3 tablet. When I click the gear icon the smaller size text on the right side pane is a bit too small. Even the download screen size, the delete video screen size, drop down menus and their text are small

Can have all the text slightly larger would be nice

2) After I downloaded a video the links appear in 2 places. One is when I open XDM => video. The other is on the DOWNLOAD VIDEO bar on the bottom right hand corner. I can delete the video link in the former but the link in the latter still remains. Can't find a way to get rid of the link

3) The [X] button on the DOWNLOAD VIDEO bar (on the bottom right hand corner) is almost covered by the VoodooShield button on the desktop. It is below VoodooShield button. If can move the DOWNLOAD VIDEO bar higher would be good

:rolleyes:
Could you please post a screenshot. This issue was fixed in version 7.2.7
You can close the 'DOWNLOAD VIDEO' panel to clear the links
You can drag and move it any place you want it to be

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
While downloading from youtube, you can download the audio only part. Select MP3 format on 'Download Video' dialog

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Can your software work without having too small a text size on high resolution screens like QHD, QHD+ and 4K?

Sorry, but I don't know how to post a picture here. If can you pm me your email I send some pictures to you.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
While downloading from youtube, you can download the audio only part. Select MP3 format on 'Download Video' dialog
Maybe you might want to try renaming the download panel to "Download Media" so that there's no confusion that it can download only video.

Reactions: subhro and XhenEd

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Nope. Can't drag and move that bar

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Can your software work without having too small a text size on high resolution screens like QHD, QHD+ and 4K?

Sorry, but I don't know how to post a picture here. If can you pm me your email I send some pictures to you.
Probably its best if you can post this in XDM forum in sourceforge. You can post as anonymous and also attach pictures. This way it can be tracked and more convenient.

Xtreme Download Manager / Discussion / Discussion

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @subhro

Which Languages did you have for it

And will it be free for ever or not will you make a paid Software from it

With best Regards
Mops21

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Hi @subhro

Which Languages did you have for it

And will it be free for ever or not will you make a paid Software from it

With best Regards
Mops21
You can get a list of supported languages from xdm menu->tools->language

I do not have any intension of making money of it.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
You can get a list of supported languages from xdm menu->tools->language

I do not have any intension of making money of it.

Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos

Have you an Forum or a Site that I can see the translations that you have

With best Regards
Mops21

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Been using it for a few days and I'm really impressed with it. Now I'm waiting for Download video button to become small like IDM's mini mode.
I have one request. I see it has an option to convert videos. How about adding an option to change the video container only? Like for .ts or .flv videos, I would like the downloaded videos to be on .mp4 format. I don't want to change video resolution, quality, bitrate etc. I prefer if the video quality, bitrate and resolution to stay the same, only change the container into .mp4. Is this possible?

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.