Xtreme Download Manager (Release and User feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Been using it for a few days and I'm really impressed with it. Now I'm waiting for Download video button to become small like IDM's mini mode.
I have one request. I see it has an option to convert videos. How about adding an option to change the video container only? Like for .ts or .flv videos, I would like the downloaded videos to be on .mp4 format. I don't want to change video resolution, quality, bitrate etc. I prefer if the video quality, bitrate and resolution to stay the same, only change the container into .mp4. Is this possible?
Just changing the video container does not work most of the time. For example mp4 supports h264 video codec and aac audio codec. But youtube streams webm (vp9+opus/vorbis) on chrome, which can not be simply put into mp4 container. However mkv is the only format which supports any audio and video codec

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Just changing the video container does not work most of the time. For example mp4 supports h264 video codec and aac audio codec. But youtube streams webm (vp9+opus/vorbis) on chrome, which can not be simply put into mp4 container. However mkv is the only format which supports any audio and video codec
I see. Thanks. The container only for the supported format is fine. I'm also fine with .mkv although I prefer mp4.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
To move the panel drag by the marked area
panel.png
OK, can now drag it but each time when I download something the bar appears in the same location. Can allow user to move it to another location can permanently lock it?

Another issue. I have IDM too. When I perform a download IDM always has the below message in its extension

"This extension failed to redirect a network request to http://127.0.0.1:1001/status/204+IDM because another extension (XDM Browser Monitor) redirected it to http://127.0.0.1:9614/204."

Anyway on your side to avoid this?

Thanks

Edit - Never mind about moving the location of the bar. VS allows the user to move its shield icon

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
OK, can now drag it but each time when I download something the bar appears in the same location. Can allow user to move it to another location can permanently lock it?

Another issue. I have IDM too. When I perform a download IDM always has the below message in its extension

"This extension failed to redirect a network request to http://127.0.0.1:1001/status/204+IDM because another extension (XDM Browser Monitor) redirected it to http://127.0.0.1:9614/204."

Anyway on your side to avoid this?

Thanks

Edit - Never mind about moving the location of the bar. VS allows the user to move its shield icon

These addons are not compatible so you will have to use 1 at a time and disable the other one

Reactions: HarborFront

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
subhro, can you create a queue's tab on the main interface which when clicked will have the different queue's we've created on the left side bar? This really helps to see which queue is currently running or downloading.

Also it would be nice if you can also create a floating XDM bar so that it's easier to see if XDM is currently downloading any files with a speed indicator directly from the desktop. You can modify the "Download video" floating bar to incorporate this feature.

subhro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
subhro, can you create a queue's tab on the main interface which when clicked will have the different queue's we've created on the left side bar? This really helps to see which queue is currently running or downloading.

Also it would be nice if you can also create a floating XDM bar so that it's easier to see if XDM is currently downloading any files with a speed indicator directly from the desktop. You can modify the "Download video" floating bar to incorporate this feature.

But that will make XDM just a copy of eagleget isnt it?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
But that will make XDM just a copy of eagleget isnt it?

Right now it's hard to see which queue's are running. There's no visual indicator from the UI either. The UI only gives access to the main queue. The example I referred to was just for reference, which is present in EG, IDM & Ninja download managers. EagleGet doesn't use tabs unlike XDM, the latter is much better.

You can create it the way it seems fit, just a suggestion but an important one.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @subhro

Any new Infos about a new Update or for the 2019 Version

With best Regards
Mops21

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.