XVirus 4.2 Review and comparison with Malwarebytes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Many samples from XVirus' database (that's just a text file with MD5) are available at http://virusshare.com/
It seems he removes old checksums, I see only the newest hashes from VirusShare in viruslist.db. I assume he's going to VirusShare from time to time and grabbing latest files.
I think that the samples that were tested are in VirusShare (or another know malware database), that's why all were detected.
I scanned some fresh samples using it (I submit samples to VS, but these weren't processed yet) - nothing was detected.
Malwarebytes doesn't target files older than 3 months. So if some files were old, then that explains the result.

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hello there. Yes that happens everytime i release a new version. Some heuristics detect it as virus and i have to submit to all them. Even malwarebytes detected Xvirus as virus one time :eek:

D

Deleted member 21043

Many samples from XVirus' database (that's just a text file with MD5) are available at http://virusshare.com/
It seems he removes old checksums, I see only the newest hashes from VirusShare in viruslist.db. I assume he's going to VirusShare from time to time and grabbing latest files.
I think that the samples that were tested are in VirusShare (or another know malware database), that's why all were detected.
I scanned some fresh samples using it (I submit samples to VS, but these weren't processed yet) - nothing was detected.
Malwarebytes doesn't target files older than 3 months. So if some files were old, then that explains the result.
Malc0de and vxvault are pretty useful I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.