Xvirus Anti-Malware 7

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
@bjm_ Can you tell me what version of Windows and .net framework are you using?
Thanks. I realized that my report #217 and #219 are related to Windows Firewall Control > Secure Profile.
3745.png

Secure Profile
In Windows, a software executed with administrative privileges can import a custom policy file and modify outbound and inbound filtering settings of the firewall, or can even disable Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall Control can prevent these external changes. When this feature is enabled, changing the filtering mode of Windows Firewall can be done only through the Windows Firewall Control user interface, from the Profiles tab. Also, importing a policy file with the wfw extension is possible only from Windows Firewall Control. This feature is automatically disabled when Windows Firewall Control is uninstalled.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
NET Framework 4.7.1

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Thanks. I realized that my report #217 and #219 are related to Windows Firewall Control > Secure Profile.
View attachment 197286

Secure Profile
In Windows, a software executed with administrative privileges can import a custom policy file and modify outbound and inbound filtering settings of the firewall, or can even disable Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall Control can prevent these external changes. When this feature is enabled, changing the filtering mode of Windows Firewall can be done only through the Windows Firewall Control user interface, from the Profiles tab. Also, importing a policy file with the wfw extension is possible only from Windows Firewall Control. This feature is automatically disabled when Windows Firewall Control is uninstalled.

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
NET Framework 4.7.1

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check the user interface problem, I''l let you know if i need more information.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hey Dani!
Any new info about new version of Xvirus ? And what happen with the A. I Implementation ?

I'm currently working on a complete refresh of Xvirus (new UI, new engine with focus on AI, new website, new features, ect...). It will still take more time. i can say it will probably be out in 2019, but I can't give an exact date right now.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I'm currently working on a complete refresh of Xvirus (new UI, new engine with focus on AI, new website, new features, ect...). It will still take more time. i can say it will probably be out in 2019, but I can't give an exact date right now.
I would love a new GUI. In some ways it would be nice if this had a behaviour blocker like it does now, but has all Cloud scanning so it is much lighter and does not need to store signatures in memory.

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I would love a new GUI. In some ways it would be nice if this had a behaviour blocker like it does now, but has all Cloud scanning so it is much lighter and does not need to store signatures in memory.

I'm not planning to add a "traditional" behavior blocker in Xvirus, instead my plan is to create an AI that analyses the behavior patterns of the programs running (but i haven't started this yet so I can't guarantee it). About the cloud scanning, yes that is in the plans to reduce memory usage.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I like X Virus, a couple of issues I found were it throws up an annoying error box on boot as it can't access the network immediately, this is because I use a VPN that takes a few seconds to start, I got over this by giving X Virus a few seconds boot delay, maybe not ideal but it works.

Both Norton & ESET feel that its using ad-ware, but was able to exclude this easily on Norton not so easy on ESET as I wasnt sure what the issue was - On the Network settings it actually blocks itself from accessing the internet maybe some sort of exclusion for this pre added. Not much difference between paid & free, IMO I would make it more useful to buy the product as the free is just too good. I bought it anyway as it's pretty good! Thank you :)

EDIT: Still having issue with Windscribe starting after X-Virus which demands instant internet access or gives a error box (not the end of the world) There is a xvirus folder in C:\ root called startup but faffed with it to no avail, I wonder if correct editing will solve the problem? (Gorillas do have limitations with such things) :)

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I think the newer version of this could do with some AV testers re-testing this again to see how this does now. When I had the product is was fairly light when testing and had adequate enough protection, probably something I could see going forward for myself, however depends on if I remember to re-test this myself before using too.

~LDogg

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I like X Virus, a couple of issues I found were it throws up an annoying error box on boot as it can't access the network immediately, this is because I use a VPN that takes a few seconds to start, I got over this by giving X Virus a few seconds boot delay, maybe not ideal but it works.

Both Norton & ESET feel that its using ad-ware, but was able to exclude this easily on Norton not so easy on ESET as I wasnt sure what the issue was - On the Network settings it actually blocks itself from accessing the internet maybe some sort of exclusion for this pre added. Not much difference between paid & free, IMO I would make it more useful to buy the product as the free is just too good. I bought it anyway as it's pretty good! Thank you :)

EDIT: Still having issue with Windscribe starting after X-Virus which demands instant internet access or gives a error box (not the end of the world) There is a xvirus folder in C:\ root called startup but faffed with it to no avail, I wonder if correct editing will solve the problem? (Gorillas do have limitations with such things) :)

Thank you for your support. I'm planning to remove the network connection pop up error and instead show the icon in the task bar orange.

It's always hard to have a balance between the free and paid version, but I feel everyone should have a good ad-free free version and the paid version should be a bonus and a way to support the developers.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I think the newer version of this could do with some AV testers re-testing this again to see how this does now. When I had the product is was fairly light when testing and had adequate enough protection, probably something I could see going forward for myself, however depends on if I remember to re-test this myself before using too.

~LDogg

That is on the roadmap for this year plus a few new partnerships like the one we just got with virscan.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
That is on the roadmap for this year plus a few new partnerships like the one we just got with virscan.
This will be something I'll look forward too. I am glad you are on this forum so we can get updated with everything that happens. Glad to hear the partnerships you have coming up as well.

~LDogg

Reactions: Dani Santos

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Thank you for your support. I'm planning to remove the network connection pop up error and instead show the icon in the task bar orange.

It's always hard to have a balance between the free and paid version, but I feel everyone should have a good ad-free free version and the paid version should be a bonus and a way to support the developers.
That's great & thanks for the program & your help ! Paul

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.