Xvirus Personal Firewall 5 Beta

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Suggestion, Dani:
Maybe you are doing this already, but if not, please scan your setup files on virustotal etc, to report false positives before release?
This latest FW release lights up like a Christmas three on a couple of known scanners.
For people who do not read any posts here at MT, they will probably hesitate to install after they scan this file at virustotal for example.

/W

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Suggestion, Dani:
Maybe you are doing this already, but if not, please scan your setup files on virustotal etc, to report false positives before release?
This latest FW release lights up like a Christmas three on a couple of known scanners.
For people who do not read any posts here at MT, they will probably hesitate to install after they scan this file at virustotal for example.

/W
Thats happens everytime there is a new update. I submited the file to whitelist but some vendors take some days to fix it

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi Dani, is there a way to see what kind of incoming attacks that are blocked?

/W

It's not possible. It just can give you information on the connection that is being made. And most incoming attacks are blocked by the router firewall so the priority is outgoing attacks by rats and other malware.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I installed the latest Xvirus Personal Firewall yesterday. Everything goes smoothly without problem and it worked fine. However, during reboot there's a pop-up message saying "File not found" by Xvirus but the firewall installed and worked fine. This happens on every reboot.

I have AppGuard, VS, Zemana AntiLogger, Windows default firewall and WD as my antivirus. All have been given permission to Xvirus to run.

Any help? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hi

I installed the latest Xvirus Personal Firewall yesterday. Everything goes smoothly without problem and it worked fine. However, during reboot there's a pop-up message saying "File not found" by Xvirus but the firewall installed and worked fine. This happens on every reboot.

I have AppGuard, VS, Zemana AntiLogger, Windows default firewall and WD as my antivirus. All have been given permission to Xvirus to run.

Any help? Thanks

Is it only on reboot? If you close and open the application does it happen?

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
It's not possible. It just can give you information on the connection that is being made. And most incoming attacks are blocked by the router firewall so the priority is outgoing attacks by rats and other malware.

I was more talking about when you run a VPN connection, then the router will not protect you.
That is why I asked if it was possible to see if anything was trying to hit you while online.
I had this feature before when I was running Panda Antivirus Pro, very nice and informative firewall built-in to that app, and I kind off miss that a bit :)

/W

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I was more talking about when you run a VPN connection, then the router will not protect you.
That is why I asked if it was possible to see if anything was trying to hit you while online.
I had this feature before when I was running Panda Antivirus Pro, very nice and informative firewall built-in to that app, and I kind off miss that a bit :)

/W

You can try and look at the network monitor, but there is no way to distinguish between inbound and outbound connections.

Reactions: woodrowbone

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.