XywCloud's New Config

Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Block all updates
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Real-time security
Rising Antivirus V17
Periodic malware scanners
X-Sec CommandLine Scanner, Baidu Antivirus
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome, WOT, Dr.Web Link Scanner
Maintenance tools
None

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
:) In fact, I double-click 2 backdoors in the past 3 months(This is an accident), but I removed them within 5 minutes and without any antivirus software help.
DO NOT ask the reason of keeping Baidu Antivirus, I know when it can help me although it will not update anymore(I got the last version of Baidu Antivirus, 5.8.1)

Last edited:
Reactions: Malware1

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Uhmm????????/

Multi AVS ? : Baidu Antivirus, Sucop Antivirus, Twister Antivirus....

There is no need for all of them.

Reactions: thepierrezou

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Uhmm????????/

Multi AVS ? : Baidu Antivirus, Sucop Antivirus, Twister Antivirus....

There is no need for all of them.
Well,I sometimes run the sample accidentally.But the Dynamic Defender of Twister Antivirus can block most of the virus attack(When Baidu Antivirus can not block the virus).Using Sucop Antivirus as Real-Time Protection just because it can detect script virus effectively and the heuristic engine of Sucop Antivirus & Baidu Antivirus can detect the latest threats.
BTW,those AVS have very small impact on system resources(The monitor level of Baidu Antivirus is "Low").

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Well,I sometimes run the sample accidentally.But the Dynamic Defender of Twister Antivirus can block most of the virus attack(When Baidu Antivirus can not block the virus).Using Sucop Antivirus as Real-Time Protection just because it can detect script virus effectively and the heuristic engine of Sucop Antivirus & Baidu Antivirus can detect the latest threats.
BTW,those AVS have very small impact on system resources(The monitor level of Baidu Antivirus is "Low").
Its not due to heaviness, ppl are recommending against multiple AV's, but because it will cause BSOD or other compatibility problems. Multiple AV's try to block a virus, and in-turn fight against each other and causes PC crash. Its recommended that you run only one AV. You can run Malwarebytes in realtime with any AV to complement your antivirus. Enable UAC as well.

Btw, what is this Sucop AV ? Google search does not show any relevant AV.

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hey xyw!!!! As per my understanding, too many AV on a system could lead to conflict and system instability. Also I recommend you to enable the UAC. A simple on access AV and a second on demand AV could help you keep the mess away. All the best.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Its not due to heaviness, ppl are recommending against multiple AV's, but because it will cause BSOD or other compatibility problems. Multiple AV's try to block a virus, and in-turn fight against each other and causes PC crash. Its recommended that you run only one AV. You can run Malwarebytes in realtime with any AV to complement your antivirus. Enable UAC as well.

Btw, what is this Sucop AV ? Google search does not show any relevant AV.
1.Sucop AV is from China,doesn't have international version.
2.Those 3 avs have no conflict with each other(I have used them for nearly half a year),perfectly compatible.Because,first,Sucop AV's Proactive Defense is fully lost efficacy on Win7 64bit(I haven't seen the driver of Sucop AV loaded to system),most of the time,it only help me block script virus(it detects virus usually by heuristic engine while this engine isn't joined to Real-Time Protection,and the other avs in my computer can not detect script virus(I turned of the avira engine of Baidu AV because it takes up more memory than Sucop AV)),second,I turned off the Real-Time Protection of Twister AV,only left Dynamic Defender(similar to Proactive Defense) open in order to avoid conflicting with Real-Time Protection of Baidu AV.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hey xyw!!!! As per my understanding, too many AV on a system could lead to conflict and system instability. Also I recommend you to enable the UAC. A simple on access AV and a second on demand AV could help you keep the mess away. All the best.
If I open the UAC,the pop-up windows of UAC will drive me crazy...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
If I open the UAC,the pop-up windows of UAC will drive me crazy...
Hi xywcloud.:) I respect the choice as being yours alone, for the most important role UAC plays is helping to keep your system free of changes, not driving you crazy.:oops: The difference without UAC (in my opinion) would be similar to driving without traffic lights, and we all know how they can drive all of us whom drive 'crazy' waiting. Without traffic lights, you must be sure to proceed carefully by stopping on your own recognizance even though you can proceed without stopping. Use your most powerful AV/Antimalware: Common Sense. So, make sure you know what your letting into your system 1st.;) No one here wants to see you broadsided by a speeding PUP or:eek: crashed into by a reckless Cryptolocker!

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi xywcloud.:) I respect the choice as being yours alone, for the most important role UAC plays is helping to keep your system free of changes, not driving you crazy.:oops: The difference without UAC (in my opinion) would be similar to driving without traffic lights, and we all know how they can drive all of us whom drive 'crazy' waiting. Without traffic lights, you must be sure to proceed carefully by stopping on your own recognizance even though you can proceed without stopping. Use your most powerful AV/Antimalware: Common Sense. So, make sure you know what your letting into your system 1st.;) No one here wants to see you broadsided by a speeding PUP or:eek: crashed into by a reckless Cryptolocker!
Thank you for your advice.But,in China,many viruses can bypass UAC(except you turn the UAC to maximum level),and the Chinese PUP are different from the PUPs in other countries,it can download as much as other PUPs as you can imagine(Baidu Antivirus & Sucop Antivirus usually can't block it while the Dynamic Defender of Twister Antivirus can block it easily)...So,only use one antivirus software in China is not enough most of the time.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for your advice.But,in China,many viruses can bypass UAC(except you turn the UAC to maximum level),and the Chinese PUP are different from the PUPs in other countries,it can download as much as other PUPs as you can imagine(Baidu Antivirus & Sucop Antivirus usually can't block it while the Dynamic Defender of Twister Antivirus can block it easily)...So,only use one antivirus software in China is not enough most of the time.
I think our esteemed friend, Littlebits, would have a far greater amount of advice to share than myself on the subject of anything being able to bypass UAC.:) So, turning UAC to Maximum helps.:cool: You appear to have a working knowledge of exactly what to watch out for, & I can see how you must truly use your common sense & know exactly what you are downloading too...:oops: as driving in China for you must be very different from what we faceo_O in the USA!:rolleyes:
Update: For malware, two very useful (& free) secondary scanners are Malwarbytes Antimalware http://www.malwarebytes.org/ & Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en

Last edited:
Reactions: xywcloud

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I think our esteemed friend, Littlebits, would have a far greater amount of advice to share than myself on the subject of anything being able to bypass UAC.:) So, turning UAC to Maximum helps.:cool: You appear to have a working knowledge of exactly what to watch out for, & I can see how you must truly use your common sense & know exactly what you are downloading too...:oops: as driving in China for you must be very different from what we faceo_O in the USA!:rolleyes:
Update: For malware, two very useful (& free) secondary scanners are Malwarbytes Antimalware http://www.malwarebytes.org/ & Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en
Well,hitman pro is not free and I have bought a lifetime key of MBAM,but I have found that the mbam has many false positive detection of some of Chinese softwares.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
That's normal for unknown/not signed AV. like some AVs detected Tiranium as RougeAV,etc..
You misunderstood me.What I want to say is mbam recognizes some normal Chinese softwares as malware.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable UAC and use one realtime software.Thanks for sharing :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you mean you "accidentally" run the samples?

Have fun bug hunting with multiple Beta realtime AV software.

Reactions: KaptainBug

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.