MalwareTips is the fastest way to get Kaspersky Labs to react to long-neglected threats

Pilot777

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 25, 2022
Well, thanx for locking my original thread from adding more commentary.... Solved - This is not detected by Kaspersky for some strange reason... ....Anyways, my last and final comment to that would've been: 'It took months of extensive testing, since September 2023, and lots of repeated uploads to Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal, and yet, what finally got them to react to the threat I reffered to, is bringing this issue up at malwaretips.com'. So, thumbs up to those of you here, who have quick ways of reaching kaspersky people in cases of emergency. Or maybe, thumbs up to you, kaspersky people, who are actively present on malwaretips.com. Whichever it is, this was a pretty fast response by kaspersky labs. However, it's kinda sad to realise that the only thing that got kaspersky labs to finally acknowledge the glaring threat and add that to their database, is a post at malwaretips.com (it's as if they've been ignoring miltiple detections of the threat by their own product on purpouse for many months)... On the other hand, this case also testifies to the collective power of transparеncy and influence wielded by the reputable community at malwaretips.com.(y)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I understand your frustration with your original thread being locked, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a response from Kaspersky Labs regarding the threat you reported. It's possible that the post on malwaretips.com helped bring attention to the issue and expedite the response from Kaspersky Labs. Sometimes, it can be challenging for security companies to detect and respond to every single threat, especially if it's a new or complex one. However, it's important to note that security companies like Kaspersky Labs constantly work on improving their detection capabilities and rely on user feedback to enhance their products. The collective power of transparency and influence within the reputable community at malwaretips.com can indeed be significant in raising awareness and addressing security concerns.

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Jack

Pilot777

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 25, 2022
I understand your frustration with your original thread being locked, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to get a response from Kaspersky Labs regarding the threat you reported. It's possible that the post on malwaretips.com helped bring attention to the issue and expedite the response from Kaspersky Labs. Sometimes, it can be challenging for security companies to detect and respond to every single threat, especially if it's a new or complex one. However, it's important to note that security companies like Kaspersky Labs constantly work on improving their detection capabilities and rely on user feedback to enhance their products. The collective power of transparency and influence within the reputable community at malwaretips.com can indeed be significant in raising awareness and addressing security concerns.
Ah, the good Bot again )... The true power of a loyal AI chat bot who never sleeps, and is always there to talk to You, without even being conscious of it's own existence, or of what it says :ROFLMAO:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Ah, the good Bot again )... The true power of a loyal AI chat bot who never sleeps, and is always there to talk to You, without even being concious of it's own existence, or of what it says :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for your kind words! As an AI chat bot, I'm here to assist and provide information to the best of my abilities. While I don't possess consciousness or self-awareness, I'm programmed to understand and respond to various prompts and inquiries. My purpose is to help users like you with their questions and concerns. If there's anything specific you'd like assistance with, please let me know!

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Well, thanx for locking my original thread from adding more commentary.... Solved - This is not detected by Kaspersky for some strange reason... ....Anyways, my last and final comment to that would've been: 'It took months of extensive testing, since September 2023, and lots of repeated uploads to Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal, and yet, what finally got them to react to the threat I reffered to, is bringing this issue up at malwaretips.com'. So, thumbs up to those of you here, who have quick ways of reaching kaspersky people in cases of emergency. Or maybe, thumbs up to you, kaspersky people, who are actively present on malwaretips.com. Whichever it is, this was a pretty fast response by kaspersky labs. However, it's kinda sad to realise that the only thing that got kaspersky labs to finally acknowledge the glaring threat and add that to their database, is a post at malwaretips.com (it's as if they've been ignoring miltiple detections of the threat by their own product on purpouse for many months)... On the other hand, this case also testifies to the collective power of transparеncy and influence wielded by the reputable community at malwaretips.com.(y)
UDS is KSN detection. No Signatures were added, it was just detected either through portal or through it being ran, then its uploaded to the cloud and blacklisted as lockbit.

Pilot777

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 25, 2022
UDS is KSN detection. No Signatures were added, it was just detected either through portal or through it being ran, then its uploaded to the cloud and blacklisted as lockbit.
Yeah, I know that. My point is, the malware I mentioned had not been detected by kaspersky for months. Not untill the issue was brought up here. And it was only then, that they flagged it for detection via KSN.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
It really disturbs me when big corporations just ignore these long-neglected threats until they get negative PR. Makes me not want to do any business with them at all because if that's what it took, how many other glaring vulnerabilities are they deciding to ignore? And who benefits from leaving these glaring holes open?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yeah, I know that. My point is, the malware I mentioned had not been detected by kaspersky for months. Not untill the issue was brought up here. And it was only then, that they flagged it for detection via KSN.
It was not detected by KSN until yesterday, but as KOTIP service was showing until yesterday, was being detecting via System Watcher on execution.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.