Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have not, but it looks like they are only Facebook-fying it.

I don't use Yahoo Messenger, but if I do, I use their Y!WebM.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Since I use Yahoo, I might try it out.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I was fan in Yahoo Messenger, as far I know it was known integrated in facebook, I will wait for the official version.

At least if you don't like to share status you can unchecked in Facebook or Twitter.

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
This has been in beta for a bit without any updates, but this version is as stable as the last few versions. The social integration works fine, and it easy to turn off/on. The games look fun but I don't have any other friends running the beta to play the game against.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Since I refuse to use any messenger programs from the big boys I will not try it, stick with my 64 bit portable Miranda IM with SO many options for customization.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Ok so I've installed this BETA build.... just to see how it feels... :D

Glad to see that Yahoo didn't gave up and is still trying to install all this c*ap on users PC.....

[attachment=226]

...Apart from the Facebook and Twitter integration , the new games and the Windows "look like" border.....I can't see any other improvements...:p
[attachment=227]
Did the manage to get the video quality that Skype has for their web cam chats?Has anyone manage to have a video chat on YM 11?:D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 621
  • 2.png
    2.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 617

Ibrad

Thread author
Apr 29, 2011
I had a video chat on YM 11 a couple of weeks ago. It was my first time video chatting and audio and video looked clear and fine to me. I was going to compare it to Skype but no matter what I did it would not register or detect my net connection.

I think the main new feature in this version is the social integration. However I think YM was the last one to add it out of the big 3/4 clients (YM,WLM,AIM,Gtalk).

By the way I always uncheck all of the stuff that is packaged with any of them.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will not bother from games as I used Yahoo Messenger for chatting and also voice call from my relatives.

D

Deleted member 178

run it since its released, no bug observed, chat history saved online, easy to use, nice UI. here in asia YM and Skype rules; msn and others are mostly ignored

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yep agree umbrapolaris, YM and Skype are the most used by Asia and very popular.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
chat history saved online

here in asia YM and Skype rules; msn and others are mostly ignored

I don't like the idea of Chat History being saved online.

With MSN (or Live Messenger) chat history can be saved on your computer.

I don't use Skype now, but Google is looking at doing Video Chat for Chrome.

D

Deleted member 178

with YM too, at installation they just ask you if you want keep your history on their server. useful for people who dont have laptop. (not so many in vietnam for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.