Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Access is encouraged to see that Yahoo! is now supporting HTTPS globally for its mail and messaging services, an important and overdue step for the security and privacy of its users. Pending technical analysis of its implementation, we believe this decision by Yahoo! responds to some of the concerns raised by civil society and security experts, and signals a continuing strengthening of their services’ privacy protections.

HTTPS is now enabled by default on Yahoo!'s mobile apps for Apple iOS, Windows 8, and Android. For users accessing Yahoo! Mail through their computer's browser, HTTPS can be switched on via the mail settings in the top right of the screen (go here to find out how). Once it's activated, all Yahoo! Messenger conversations in the browser window are also protected. According to the company, HTTPS is coming later this year to the desktop version of Messenger.

Source : Direct Link

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for this.I just changed mine.It's about time.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
How many years later is this? They really should of added it as soon as SSL connections came out, but thanks for the heads up. Just did that to my Yahoo. :)

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Well for me it's too late. I have closed my Yahoo! account and using only Gmail. Like their filters and security better. But I will make this switch to https for my wife's account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.