Yahoo search pop up

othermollie

Thread author
Sep 22, 2016
I'm getting a yahoo search pop up at the bottom of s page when I cut and copy that looks like a real search page but only has ads

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
I own a Note 4 personally. Are you able to take screenshots and post them here? The popup in question, along with screenshots of your Application Manager. We have to do some digging to find the obscure apk in question.

othermollie

Thread author
Sep 22, 2016
I own a Note 4 personally. Are you able to take screenshots and post them here? The popup in question, along with screenshots of your Application Manager. We have to do some digging to find the obscure apk in question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-42-40.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-42-40.png
    385 KB · Views: 542
  • Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-41-16.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-41-16.png
    408.4 KB · Views: 570
  • Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-42-40.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-42-40.png
    385 KB · Views: 574
  • Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-41-16.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-13-41-16.png
    408.4 KB · Views: 559

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Can't be sure without seeing your Application Manager screenshots, but that looks a lot like Clean Master built-in search engine.

othermollie

Thread author
Sep 22, 2016
Do you want screen shots of all of the apps on my application manager? It's several screenshots.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
No edit button, I haven't used Clean Master in a long time, but when I did, it didn't have a built-in search engine. It may be new, it may be another app stealing the CM logo. Post your Application Manager screenshots and we can get this fixed.

@othermollie Uninstall Clean Master, install CCleaner, do a quick analyze & clean, let me know if it goes away.

Last edited by a moderator:

othermollie

Thread author
Sep 22, 2016
Problem solved! Thank you! BTW after my last update to Marshmallow, when I go to application manager, it only shows a list of my apps. No longer shows choices of what's running, all apps, etc.

Reactions: XIII

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Problem solved! Thank you! BTW after my last update to Marshmallow, when I go to application manager, it only shows a list of my apps. No longer shows choices of what's running, all apps, etc.

Good to hear. Yeah, the application manager is a little different on Marshmallow. I've recently updated as well. I think the new application manager is actually easier to navigate through when you're looking for malicious apps. In your case, it was good that it wasn't actually a malicious app. Just bloat.

Reactions: Jack

othermollie

Thread author
Sep 22, 2016
Good to hear. Yeah, the application manager is a little different on Marshmallow. I've recently updated as well. I think the new application manager is actually easier to navigate through when you're looking for malicious apps. In your case, it was good that it wasn't actually a malicious app. Just bloat.
Thank you so much for all your help!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.