Yandex browser discussion (Split Thread)

Will you use the Yandex browser after reading this article?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Also I don't like Opera dialing home to strange locations, like Ukrainian National Bank..
This has already been explained a thousand times, It's currency converter updating its data. in case you did not want to, just disable the currency converter. I've never had page issues or incompatibilities with Opera, the incompatibility I've seen was testing Yandex, especially with extensions, for those who want a basic browser, Yandex might be a good request, but comparing to Opera and others, it's a lot limited, Yandex plus extensions that I use, it is not even compatible with themes, one thing I find important, at least for me, this white theme of Yandex kills my eyes (I have sensitivity) in Opera I already have the option of black theme , anyway, the way you really like Yandex, if it pleases you day in and day out, that's what matters, because what convinces me to say that Opera is the best browser for me, it's my own experience in my day to day.
Note: I hope you understand what I mean, because typing in Google Translate is sad, you mean one thing and it translates another :confused:

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

This has already been explained a thousand times, It's currency converter updating its data. in case you did not want to, just disable the currency converter.

Disabling the currency converter does not stop this activity and the activity has never been adequately explained. Especially why they would use a Ukranian Bank for their data if that's the case.. Nevertheless, if it works for you, then great. I've had nothing but inconsistencies with extensions and pages with it. Magic Action never working quite right comes to mind as the most recent when I tried it.

I always watch browser development, and switching browsers isn't something I have an issue with as things advance.

NormanF

Level 7
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
With Yandex or Yandex Beta (which I feel is a great browser) you can turn it on manually as well.

Yandex is the Russian equivalent of Google. Its web browser doesn't have a traditional home page but instead, a tableau, in effect, a tablet-style interface to which the most commonly visited web sites can be pinned. The base Blink engine is a mix of Chromium and Opera with some Yandex innovations thrown in.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I just installed Yandex. I'm frustrated because when I click on New Tab, it doesn't open a new tab to the right of my current tab. Instead it replaces my current tab with a new tab. Is there any way around this?

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yandex tabs: Tabs

Yandex.Browser/Internet navigation/Keyboard shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts

Tabs

Create new tab
Ctrl + T

Open link in new tab
Ctrl + click link

Open link in new tab and switch to it
Ctrl + Shift + click link

Close active tab
Ctrl + W

Ctrl + F4

Open last closed tab
Ctrl + Shift + T

Move one tab to right
Ctrl + Tab

Ctrl + PageDown

Move one tab to left
Ctrl + Shift + Tab

Ctrl + PageUp

Select tab by its number order (from 1 to 8)
Ctrl + 1–8

Select last tab
Ctrl + 9

- Look too in Settings... hope this are of some utility for you...
Create new tab: Ctrl + T - also acts in this way in chromium forks and Firefox forks.

Reactions: harlan4096

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I just installed Yandex. I'm frustrated because when I click on New Tab, it doesn't open a new tab to the right of my current tab. Instead it replaces my current tab with a new tab. Is there any way around this?
No, I hate it: new tab = no tab, you can not open more tabs or switch between them, but I got used to it. Still, I would strangle the one, who came up with that idea. :mad:

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Try if you wish this Chrome extension:
rAZxneRpBvQ9XsGbHuqBjQ7Px2hysBdi-CHQkOS55EQNF_4gxAFno_ZQ6VUHNO3RjjGmEnEG=w26-h26-e365
Open in Yandex browser: Open in Yandex browser
Last updated a month ago (Dec 24, 2017)
Developer is rynu.smith - trustworthy.
add0n.com website is trustworthy too.

ralphkirk

Feb 6, 2018
did anyone noticed how yandex stopped syncing between two desktop/laptops despite having syncing enabled?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Remove Yandex cuz I don't trust it Anymore (high telemetry also the windows try to reach Yandex domains even after I uninstalled it).Not recommended anymore.
BB Yandex LLC.
That was a quick U-turn.

I've been using Chrome since 2010 and have not had a single issue about not trusting Google. Likewise with Microsoft and Apple, these giants have nothing to hide, well mostly nothing.

Watch video: Why Enthusiast Brands will Betray You
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJgTKx-rg18

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Yandex has a lot of features that I like: DNS spoofing Protection, https scanner, banking mode and more... but I don't like telemetry.
Although I don't like Chrom but installed the Chrome Canary.Has anyone used this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.