Yes, Chromebooks can and do get infected

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Actually ordered an ARM Chromebook today. I have not abandoned my main laptop but I just can't carry this 17 inch monster around so I had to get something smaller and cheaper that I can take with me for browsing and simple tasks. I already spend 99% of my time in Windows in Chrome.

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Actually ordered an ARM Chromebook today. I have not abandoned my main laptop but I just can't carry this 17 inch monster around so I had to get something smaller and cheaper that I can take with me for browsing and simple tasks. I already spend 99% of my time in Windows in Chrome.
I own an ARM Chromebook as well. As long as you don't overload it with a big, heavy site or task it may just surprise you.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.