Expired YesShield-72 hours

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

YesShield is based on what version of SD?

Have it running on the old pc and no issues reported so far.

D

Deleted member 178

It is an unofficial clone from unknown source, rather use the original.

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
@ Umbra Corp + 1 on that
and because it also from a unknown source
its better to stick shadow defender .
than use YesShield ,

D

Deleted member 178

yep, and honestly this roguish name made me suspicious...YesShield...Obama Fans? :D

P

Plexx

Although it is from an unknown source and the fact that there are SD references within the UI and installation files etc, fact is some users reported no BSODs as opposed to SD.

Been having it running on my old machine and no problems yet including the stuff I thrown at it.

Tho still a bit skeptical, regardless of being a clone or not it is doing its job.

PS: Giveaway new dates are until 10th of November.
Source: http://www.yesshield.com/

Giveaway special edition of YesShield - Nov 5 to Nov 10

For Windows 32bit: Local download

For Windows 64bit: Local download

The giveaway edition does not support upgrade

One thing that troubles me is this: Ever since the unofficial version release issue was brought to light with unsigned drivers, there has not been support on teh website and everything just looks dodgy, yet everyone points the finger at YS for cloning a product. Has anyone considered the possibility of the source code or part of it being sold to another company?

Think of it this way: why would a company out of nowhere simply release a clone of a known product when this can easily be backfired? Truth to be told I rather use the free giveaway than venture to the SD site to get a key with a possibility of having issues, despite not having had any reports of people being con, there is still the possibility.

If memory serves me right there has been at least a clone or two that are commercially sold based on Rollback RX (correct if I am wrong)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Appear to be very new, but who knows. Other software they've made..
Code:
http://www.vimxsoft.com/

Their Facebook goes to a Lynn Li and Twitter has no tweets, except;
  • "News about Vimxsoft, free Windows and Mac utility developer."

Mac support coming soon? /jk

D

Deleted member 178

there is a clone of RX called Eaz-Fix is official like Zemana AM is to HMP.

The problem is that SD was already sold to a "suspicious" company, without support or development and SD last version has a very bad reputation; Then suddenly YesShield appears with the same code and signed driver.

In my opinion YesShield is maybe a try to get a fresh and clean start.

AbDoU Z

Sep 22, 2012
0tFbE.png

yesshield tries to connecting to shadowdefender.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.