Yigido's Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
I just re-installed my OS :) This is my new config.
I will not download new things on my PC and don't want to try new things.
I want to keep my system fresh as possible as I can.
I do not like pay for softwares. I like open-source softwares.(useful ones)
Any recommendations are welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi yigido! I particularly liked the way you've set "..common sense (sensitivity : very high")!:p:D I'm going to set my own to very high too!;) I wholeheartedly agree with your no longer wishing to download in order to keep your system 'clear'. What I've begun to do is use portable versions such as browsers which I've done with 2. In fact, I began using the Portable Apps Platform http://portableapps.com/ (3 MB download/6 MB installed all on an external flash drive). With over 300 apps including browsers kept separately from your system it might work well for you. PM me with any questions.
~Cats

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
This is the approach I am following now too. No unnecessary install/uninstall. I have settled with the config in my signature below. This way system won't get bloated.

Reactions: yigido

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I see but im using opera ver 20 & it's light on my system even i open 10-15 tabs & it not takes cpu usage like chrome & firefox/cyberfox. Also it never freeze or hangs plus it's launch quickly then chrome & cyberfox. If u find another light browser then inform me :)

Y

yigido

Thread author
I see but im using opera ver 20 & it's light on my system even i open 10-15 tabs & it not takes cpu usage like chrome & firefox/cyberfox. Also it never freeze or hangs plus it's launch quickly then chrome & cyberfox. If u find another light browser then inform me :)
You are a good advertiser ;) I will give it a try :)

Y

yigido

Thread author
any reason why you uninstalled BD free ?
It is really good about UI simplicity, Auto-scan, Auto-update and detection rate. But I think real-time protection and scanning status must be developed. I like it but it needs more development. So CIS is the good way ;)

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Y

yigido

Thread author
What is the Differnce beteween aurora and nightly?
- Aurora is more stable than Nightly.
- Nightly uses the newest gecko
- Nightly has x64 version.
These are the reasons. There is no much differences between two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.