I am joining because my PC is infected
Fav. Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
They all suck
Fav. Videogame
Half Life series, Garrys mod(2.5k hours)

DanusMinimus

Thread author
Sep 12, 2015
Hello there, I'm Danus and I'm from Israel.
My main interest is in vintage malware, why?
Because back in the golden days(yeah i said that) and by that I mean 1990-mid 00's malware was created for fun, goofiness, to share ideas and some were just cause people wanted to be vandalize the internet.
This was all replaced with profit, which sucked all the fun outta it. in my opinion at least.
Most malware today is the same so I just don't find it interesting, well besides a few cool trojans or worms that come out here and there.
I mainly work with C/C++ Java and ASM.
I don't like java but I cant quit being a student.
I also like to play around with OSes in virutal machines and run malware on them and analyze it, I also enjoy watching dancoot1 testing viruses.
Anyway I have been talking for ages, I hope you shall take me with open arms.

Cheers, Danus.

Last edited:
I

illumination

Hello and Welcome to MalwareTips!

Please do not forget to post a thread in our Security Configuration forum and receive help from some of our veteran members if needed.

Also please read these guides for new members in my signature below.

DanusMinimus

Thread author
Sep 12, 2015
Welcome @DanusMinimus
Personally I have seen MayDay like viruses wreak havoc on systems. You look like interested in out of the box virus creations. It's all business these days, and hardcore programming practices have fallen by the side (no Assembly knowledge, poor coders). Ask me and others for help wherever required.
Do you use your primary machine for malware testings or do you have a sandboxed virtual machine for that?

I got my vmware, Kinda sad tho cant set up a share folder with MS-DOS. Win9x and 3.1, but since I'm very new to malware analyzing I don't know much besides the basics - I picked up the book Practical Malware Analysis. And yeah ASM is awesome, if people only knew what power they could have possessed if they just took the time to learn ASM and code their banking trojans with that, No AV could ever stop them lmao. Its just that C# and VB.NET Are just not malware languages, they dont have dem acrobatics C and ASM have.

DanusMinimus

Thread author
Sep 12, 2015
@DanusMinimus if there is something closest to Assembly it is the old C. And it can work wonders. Assembly has two problems: machine-dependent code and extremely difficult to learn and apply. These two are major reasons why progs shunned it.o_O C is also difficult but it solves problem 1 which was the real thing. So... uhm... start a thread in Malware Hub --> Malware Analysis section and we can continue our talk there. Intros ain't a place for such intensive discussion ;)
They should open an IRC channel

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello and welcome to the community! :)

Have fun and feel free to contribute here. :D

S

Sr. Normal

Welcome to MT! :)

Caution: MT is really addictive !!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.