You dont believe this.

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
As you know I got a Macbook air one month ago. And I found out it's shortcommings,like the base model I bought,with 256 MB NVMe, have double as slow performance, than the 512MB model. That really bummed me out, and I asked whether I could upgrade it. No it was not possible because the NAND is soldered.
It so happens that I know a guy from Elgiganten. A big chain of electronics and other stuff.
When the new Macbook air M3 suddenly came on the marked I had to have one. And of course with a 512 NVMe. He called me one day, and told me they had one of the new models, and we could make a deal if I was fast. It would mean I paid 4000 Danish kroner and my "old" M2. I jumped immidiately.
I have tried to look at the speed on the 512 MB NVMe, and it's 3000-3500 write/read. Fine for me. So I got the monster very cheap, and it's so nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    974.8 KB · Views: 47

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Glad it worked out for you like this, good upgrade and congratulations on new mac. Usually those calls are (at finland) mostly overpriced deals to upgrade your current device, and if youre lucky they may pay something for the device aswell ( dependant how new it is)

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Glad it worked out for you like this, good upgrade and congratulations on new mac. Usually those calls are (at finland) mostly overpriced deals to upgrade your current device, and if youre lucky they may pay something for the device aswell ( dependant how new it is)
I was very lucky it could be done. That guy from El Giganten did something he could be fired for, but luckily we pulled it off. The difference is that the new M3 is stronger (as if I need that) but I did it mostly because I had to have the fastest SSD. The difference can really be felt. But the old M2 was a great machine too, but it became an obsession. I love fast NWMes.
Thanks Moonhorse. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.