You know your AV is in trouble when you see failed next to the video title.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Not providing the sample/hash used, and not testing the product with real-world condition.

Not worth watching, nor even worrying about. Amateur tester.

Reactions: frogboy
R

Rodney74

Thread author
When you really come across some malware in the wild for a long time I did not. Maximum I came across in the email but everything open in the sandbox .-) And installs only the certified products and it once again for 100 let.-) common sense 2017 + sandbox + UAC (max) + Tinywall + virustotal uploader + hybrid-analysis + ublocker + open DNS + hardware firewall cisco. I do not remember where I got infected and do not use it in but sometimes scanning malwarebyte + + killswitch Squire portable.
AV file today evoke a feeling of carelessness, it is my opinion .-)

hummm not sure what you just said...

Not providing the sample/hash used, and not testing the product with real-world condition.

Not worth watching, nor even worrying about. Amateur tester.

Who says having a positive attitude helps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In general, tests review posted on YouTube aren't high in accuracy so I would not recommend watching these types of videos.

Review the product(s) privately and stay away from malware testing. Malicious software is not only a threat to your PC but other networked users including mobile and IoT devices.

R

Rodney74

Thread author
In general, tests review posted on YouTube aren't high in accuracy so I would not recommend watching these types of videos.

Review the product(s) privately and stay away from malware testing. Malicious software is not only a threat to your PC but other networked users including mobile and IoT devices.

Please pass this info to Cruel Sister, and others here who post on you tube.....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Please pass this info to Cruel Sister, and others here who post on you tube.....
They can read this thread and make their own judgement. As far as I know @cruelsister only tests certain types of malware against security technologies built-in to the vendors product.

The link provided by OP uses Pass and Fail for views, not accuracy or intention for quality.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.