Your Favorite Software Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
After reset and format all my Laptop Asus Eee pc notebook 1215n with new OS (Windows 8 Pro), I had update and install drives with DriverEasy Professional and i´m very happy and glad with performance that sofware.

Do You want talk about importance about a Driver software and wich your choise and why?

Thank you

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
isuru1 said:
I use SlimDrivers because it is free and easy to use

The Drivereasy free not allow complete final installation of drives.
It´s necessary to get the code to activate the sofware.
Once done performs a great job of updating and installing to improve the functioning of the laptop.

as an example: Installed all Nvidia ion drives that dis not Work.
Now I´m glad and i Have a complete audio sytem.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
rebel4life said:
i use Driver Booster 1.0 PRO or DriverIdentifier

I wanted this iobit product but I didn´t get the serial code.
I´ve lucky with my second choise the Drivereasy professional and really works, but takes too much time to download the drives, but i don´t care because this program are very complete tools for your laptop.
I think it´s worth to try.
Good luck

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
For me its manufacturers website so i know im getting the proper drivers for the hardware.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
imsoadude said:
For me its manufacturers website so i know im getting the proper drivers for the hardware.

The Drivereasy doing the download and instalation directly of source like Intel, Nvidea and microsoft. I really admit that evidence because i had make thts updates from the Drivereasy pro.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
BoraMurdar said:
IObit Driver Booster should do the job

Of course, but at the time I did not took the offer and I haved to go back to another software like Driveeasy Profissional.

Fou you this is great tool or you have another choise?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
None of the above.

Once Windows 8.1 was installed, it found the necessary drivers (or defaults). If need be, I visit the support page from the hardware manufacturer(s), I prefer to be in control of what gets installs and what does not.

Don't trust other software to do the job for you.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
well when i brought my new laptop i installed 8.1 and two days later HP had some drivers updates so dont trust windows update to install drivers for your machine

cdnsempre

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Earth said:
None of the above.

Once Windows 8.1 was installed, it found the necessary drivers (or defaults). If need be, I visit the support page from the hardware manufacturer(s), I prefer to be in control of what gets installs and what does not.

Thank you for Your advise.
I´m really enthusiastic for Drivereasy Pro performance but i look out for using drive program.
However i ´ll download system audio of Nvidia drives

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You don't trust Windows Updates, because HP found driver updates? What kind of problems did Windows cause? Windows might install generic or not the latest drivers, because if HP released drivers after you had updated your PC, then Windows won't find them.

Curious because, there's no punctuation, so it's hard to understand what you're saying.

Thanks. :D

rebel4life said:
well when i brought my new laptop i installed 8.1 and two days later HP had some drivers updates so dont trust windows update to install drivers for your machine

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
oops sorry just this i download most of my driver and software from their own websites i just use driver booster to get the right drivers plus HP has an assistant app that helps to

S

starchild76

Iobit Driver Booster ( Free version ) does the job for me : clean , simple interface. also the download of the drivers is fast. you can set the program to install the drivers automatically and also the program creates backups , so in case something goes wrong , you can revert back easily without no hassle to get your pc back into working order.....simply love this program ;)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I only get driver updates from the support page from the hardware manufacturer or OEM vendors site because all drivers are different, you can not apply the same driver updates to all systems the way driver updater software tries to do. The wrong driver can cause severe problems with Windows and your hardware.

Driver updater software are just as dangerous if not more than registry cleaners. I don't recommend them, however Driver Identifier can be helpful if you have an unknown device because it gives to options to match the correct drivers with your hardware, your OEM Windows and your motherboard, other driver updater software will just download and install a basic driver that might not even apply to your hardware.

Thanks. :D

isuru1

Level 2
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
isuru1 said:
I use SlimDrivers because it is free and easy to use

cdnsempre said:
The Drivereasy free not allow complete final installation of drives.
It´s necessary to get the code to activate the sofware.
Once done performs a great job of updating and installing to improve the functioning of the laptop.

as an example: Installed all Nvidia ion drives that dis not Work.
Now I´m glad and i Have a complete audio sytem.

I use SlimDrivers not Drivereasy free
https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
None of the above.

same for me, drivers are vitals files that goes deep into the system, if you use 3rd party driver installer, you may infect yourself without knowing it.

and honestly, you need around 5-6 drivers to be operational (audio, video, bluetooth/wifi, Lan, chipset, etc...) it will take you 10mn max.

Patience is a virtue; if you go ''2 fast u will get 2 Furious'' :p

landerio

Verified
Jul 19, 2013
I use Driver Booster Free. Its pro had been given away on http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/driver-booster-pro-1-0/ (expired now), actually there's no substantive difference between free and pro.

justmad

Verified
Sep 2, 2013
Driver Booster free basically has no big difference from the Pro. According to my experience with it, the free works just fine and can get the job done.

cdnsempre said:
rebel4life said:
i use Driver Booster 1.0 PRO or DriverIdentifier

I wanted this iobit product but I didn´t get the serial code.
I´ve lucky with my second choise the Drivereasy professional and really works, but takes too much time to download the drives, but i don´t care because this program are very complete tools for your laptop.
I think it´s worth to try.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.