Advice Request Your favourite FTP Client

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Your favourite FTP Client with encrypted file up/download

• WS FTP Professional

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CuteFTP

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • CoreFTP

• SmartFTP

• Other (please specify in thread)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinylmeister

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Hello,

i am looking for a ftp client which provides encrypted file uploads. Have you worked with one of the mentioned or can you name some good alternatives?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
To date, of the many I have used, I will recommend these:

CoreFTP
Tunnelier
WinSCP

All 3 have their pros and cons. Take your pick. Visit the websites listed and learn more about each one and then give it a try.

vinylmeister

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
@malis2007, @Inkurax - afaik, Filezilla and WinSCP do not support on the fly upload encryption. CoreFTP does, Tunnelier heard first time..

@Huracan - i have a few business websites with a managed server incl. huge drive capacity, and i would there save some customer files, of course encrypted. Just in case...

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
@vinylmeister I only listed the 3 i recommend based on past experience. I did however mention you would need to check the relevant sites for more info.

Tunnelier is handy if you do SSH as opposed to just normal ftp client

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Filezilla, I have used it for years, not so much now.
but I used it daily when I had gaming sites over the years.
PeAcE

Reactions: Vipersd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.