App Review Your Passwords Are Useless! (The Hated One)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
The Hated One

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Passwords are getting a lot of bad press recently; G**gle and MS have both said negative things about them.

Was this video sponsored by Fido?

I'm not totally sold on the idea of biometric identification, our fingerprints and eye scans can be used against our wishes, in extreme and exceptional (I hope!) cases people have had their fingers removed. I have a scar on one of my fingertips, that finger can bring up an error message when a scanner decides that it is not an expected fingerprint type. If someone has an injury which leaves a scar on their most commonly used finger they could be in trouble with biometric scanning.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

I'm not totally sold on the idea of biometric identification, our fingerprints and eye scans can be used against our wishes, in extreme and exceptional (I hope!) cases people have had their fingers removed. I have a scar on one of my fingertips, that finger can bring up an error message when a scanner decides that it is not an expected fingerprint type. If someone has an injury which leaves a scar on their most commonly used finger they could be in trouble with biometric scanning.
That's not how it works, nor the video was about biometric.
Was this video sponsored by Fido?
I also wonder why you say this. Specifications are never promoted that way - even if they should.

FIDO and specially FIDO2 are the future.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
That's not how it works, nor the video was about biometric.
I saw a finger being put onto the USB device several times, which is why I made the comments about fingerprint scans.
Finger scan.PNG
I also wonder why you say this. Specifications are never promoted that way - even if they should.

FIDO and specially FIDO2 are the future.
"Was this video sponsored by Fido?"

I have nothing against FIDO and FIDO2 and I expect the use of them, and other MFA systems, to become much more widespread in the future as people look for more secure authentification methods than passwords.

I said "Was this video sponsored by Fido?" as a tongue-in-cheek comment about the video, the message being conveyed by this video is that passwords are the past and FIDO is part of the future. I am sorry if this type of comment does not come across as not being meant to be taken completely seriously. Product placement as a promotional method happens in online videos just like it does in TV programmes and films. I don't know if this video was sponsored, or not, by any company or individual, it would not be the first time that a video on YouTube has been paid for by the business whose services and products feature heavily in it.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Inductive finger press. That's why it even works with gloves, like The Hated One uses in his video ;)
I did not say in any of my comments in this thread that the FIDO device was scanning a fingerprint.

I watched the video all the way through and made a few comments about authentification methods in general. Why are you trying to pick a fight?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.