Your Toilets Are Not Safe

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
CBS News: High-tech toilets vulnerable to hackers (via BBC)

The bigger mystery here may be why someone would want a remote control to flush a toilet, but it could be handy for absent-minded toilet users or germaphobes who want to minimize contact with the porcelain throne. With a starting price of around $2,400, you will pay for the privilege.

The security issue is real, though it's hard not to snicker about it. Perhaps an app update will take care of this matter of national security. If you've already been impacted by this issue, then you can finally rest easy knowing your toilet isn't haunted. It's just been hacked.

:lolz:

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I don't really care, so long as they sit low. I hate tall toilets, like the ones for disabled citizens. :)

I

illumination

Only use I could see for this, would be as a practical joke for your unsuspecting guest that might be in the middle of a bowl movement :lol:

D

Deleted member 178

why use toilet when you can make a hole in the garden, and use leaves as toilet-paper. S**t in the wilderness, nothing can be compared to it ^^

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Well, I haven't installed the 1Gbps internet in my toilet, but this article made me let it go!:)).
Funny how an internet attacker could hack your toilet to "flush or not to flush":))

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
why use toilet when you can make a hole in the garden, and use leaves as toilet-paper. S**t in the wilderness, nothing can be compared to it ^^

I have heard that many still like it that way in Vietnam. Seriously.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
NSA will love this. Gives 'em another way to keep tabs on your movements.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
In fact, NSA will soon issue "cyber toilets" so they can see what we are putting into our bodies. It is part of nationalized medicine.

D

Deleted member 178

Gnosis said:

I have heard that many still like it that way in Vietnam. Seriously.

true ;)

we help trees to grows faster :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.