Battle Zemana Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit vs HitmanPro.Alert

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Please say which you would choose and why?

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (Premium) (Great enhanced exploit protection) and Zemana Anti-Malware Premium (Ransomeware, malware protection) vs HitmanPro.Alert (Exploit, Ransomeware Protection + great scanning capabilities)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
HitmanPro.Alert is the only product that is worth buying. HitmanPro.Alert works like this: If a file does something that triggers one of the shields, will start a HitmanPro scan. So, in other words it's like real time protection.

As a side note, Hitman uses the Sophos engine :).

I voted HitmanPro.Alert (Full/Premium). I know there are a lot of Zemana fanboys but, I think Zemana is useless (Hitman too), if you look at overall situation I don't think HitmanPro will help you that much.

In the end, if you really wanna buy, you should get AppGuard and use Zemana Free only for scanning.

I am very surprised. In order to be secured you need a layered approacu AppGuard isn't perfect and neither can AV's Anti-Exploits, or AM you need a config. You can use sandboxie and other kinds of protection but in the world we live in today trust no one, and watch your back.

A

Alkajak

HMP has a 30 day limit.. Pretty terrible on ransomeware. You can be fine with MBAE Free and don't have to pay a single cent for the protection HMP uses.

Source on HMP being terrible on ransomware? Crypto protection is just one feature offered by HMP.A. A feature not offered by MBAE at all.

And to be quite fair, it wasn't him being rude, just him trying to make a point. You make brazen and baseless statements like HMP is pretty terrible on ransomware, and MBAE Free is enough protection and that you don't need HMP.A, yet this thread exists for good reason. :rolleyes: I don't agree at all about your conclusion on MBAE Free vs. HMP.A licensed.

Reactions: enaph

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Source on HMP being terrible on ransomware? Crypto protection is just one feature offered by HMP.A. A feature not offered by MBAE at all.

And to be quite fair, it wasn't him being rude, just him trying to make a point. You make brazen and baseless statements like HMP is pretty terrible on ransomware, and MBAE Free is enough protection and that you don't need HMP.A, yet this thread exists for good reason. :rolleyes: I don't agree at all about your conclusion on MBAE Free vs. HMP.A licensed.

Okay I admit I may have lost my temper but the way people are acting like Malwarebytes has gone terrible which it hasn't its popular, very great detections. I like HitmanPro but one thing I hate is when companies promote themselves by given them top scores MB included comparing to other problems and acting like there crap. The only thing I want is a test where it isn't biased. Neutural not favoring one company which I do admit I have. (AV-Test seems like a good example.

Reactions: Kate_L

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.