App Review Zemana AntiLogger 2.5 Prevention and Detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yeah, that was strange.
Could it have been that some of the samples were VM aware?
You know that is becoming very popular now and if the Malware detected it was being run in a virtual environment then it may have shut itself down.
Testers here in the near future are going to have to find a way to account for this as it is only going to happen more and more which will
skew test results.
Thanks Safe1st ;)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
fb-animal-gif.gif

thank you for the test. so now no doubt zemana has one of the best detection rate
they problem was its cloud server

I wonder if pandora sandbox restricted the malwares so they didn't have the permissions to execute.
I used to use avast internet security sandbox, I couldn't barely run anything in its sandbox because of highly restricted rules, I didnt know how to change that

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
The main issue here and with most testers is that they only install the OS on a VM and that's all. When you do malware research you need to recreate the real machine. You need to install from Flash, Java, Acrobat Reader, Office, WinRAR and so on. Else, most samples will not work or they will not drop the payload (people from testing hub should have the same programs installed). You also need so to specify what versions you have installed, this if you wanna do it in professional way.

This is just a thought, don't take is the wrong way ;)

L

Lucent Warrior

The main issue here and with most testers is that they only install the OS on a VM and that's all. When you do malware research you need to recreate the real machine. You need to install from Flash, Java, Acrobat Reader, Office, WinRAR and so on. Else, most samples will not work or they will not drop the payload (people from testing hub should have the same programs installed). You also need so to specify what versions you have installed, this if you wanna do it in professional way.

What you said here is not wrong, testers should have .net framework 3.5 and below, an office suite if even "open office", ect installed to present a realistic scenario, i do in my testing machine.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016

"You also need so to specify what versions you have installed"
Only on MalwareTips. Title: Zemana AntiLogger 2.5 Prevention and Detection Test
Will edit on youtube after this :)

and yes.. I need to install those in the future
thanks for suggestions

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
"You also need so to specify what versions you have installed"
Only on MalwareTips. Title: Zemana AntiLogger 2.5 Prevention and Detection Test
Will edit on youtube after this :)

and yes.. I need to install those in the future
thanks for suggestions
I think he meant what version and brand of virtulization software, not the AV software being tested ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.