Zemana Hates Me

Discussion in 'Zemana' started by Svoll, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Svoll

Svoll Level 12

Nov 17, 2016
    Student/Engineering Failure
    US
    macOS Sierra
    Norton
    Interesting thing happened when I was able to uninstall ZMA...

Attached Files:

XhenEd likes this.
  2. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 22

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    #22 Slyguy, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Zemana is garbage IMO. Also, if you want have fun roll over to the Zemana forum here and see how I was able to find all of their distributed cloud evaluation computers. Including the ability to connect with them if I wanted. I notified them of this seemingly considerable security risk and was basically ignored.

In a nutshell, I created a free screenconnect account, then put that EXE on a machine with Zemana installed and waited. After a bit Zemana sent that EXE around the world and executed it on those systems. Once executed, it of course connects to my screen connect session and shows intimate details of the system INCLUDING WAN IP Address and allows connectivity to that system. Wow, talk about security holes right?

Insight into Zemana's strange cloud scanning..

Basically, I think Zemana uses VT and others but 'disguises' themselves as individuals by distributing their scans over random PC's and VM's in a variety of countries. The names of these systems aren't professional at all, names like 'Bunghole' or 'Loser1', etc. I wouldn't trust them.

lowdetection, Svoll and mlnevese like this.
  3. Svoll

Svoll Level 12

Nov 17, 2016
    Student/Engineering Failure
    US
    macOS Sierra
    Norton
    @Slyguy what an amazing finding! quite an interesting read. Zemana for pc has been uninstalled quite a long time and opt for EIS, ZMA for phone was just due to my laziness as I saw that there was a giveaway key and doesn't contain other security stuff I don't use like Locating ohone, etc etc....

I stand by what I have said on my Profile!

frogboy likes this.