Battle Zemana vs Hitmanpro?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Stick with HMPA and use HMP & Zemana as on demand scanners.
If I remember from your config you have KIS,VoodooShield & HMPA so I would not pay for ZAM or HMP and just use them as on demand scanners.
For the sake of the poll I went with ZAM as I think it is all around better than HMP and HMP support is just terrible with some employees being very rude.A take it or leave it attitude and Zemana is just the opposite.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
My vote goes for Zemana. Reason being:

If you want to pay for Zemana it would have real time protection on top be being an on demand scanner, if you pay for HMP it would just have the ability to remove scanned threats but offer no real time protection.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
It depends what other security programs you use and if you want a better realtime protection on general detection.
I think HMP alert is excellent and needed by most users to protect against exploit-ransom.
Zemana has an excellent static detection.
If you have already Kaspersky and Voodooshield you can add HMP.Alert (I have it on my test system and works fine) and use zemana free version as a second opinion scanner.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Out of the two, Zemana was my choice.
Zemana (AntiLogger and AntiMalware) offer real-time protection as well as on-demand scanning while HitmanPro is only an on-demand scanner. Zemana AntiLogger is extremely light on my system.

Give both a try if possible and make a choice based on that as well as the replies here.

You said you have HitmanPro.Alert in the OP - if you bought a license for it, the license will work with both HitmanPro.Alert and HitmanPro.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
If you have HMP.A, you can use the Hitman Pro to perform OD scanning. It's part of HMP.A too. I always use HMP.A for that. I used to run ZAM with real-time Pandora Turned on. No issue/conflict as well.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Zemana AntiMalware simply because scanning and malware removal in free version is limitless. ZAM also offers top-notch real-time protection (Pandora Cloud-Sandbox - Paid Version).
ZAM used to be a rebranded HitmanPro but it has improved a lot. It's now far more better than HMP IMHO.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You also have to consider the fact that if you buy HitMan Pro, you can use that same key for HitManPro Alert and that is where your protection comes from.
HMP and HMPA together as they are intended (for me) is better than Zemana alone. ;)

When you buy HitMan Pro you get your scanner, but you also get all of this:
screenshot_13.png

I am very happy with my purchase, and this is one more part of my signature-less config
that I have come to like very much.

Last edited:

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
You also have to consider the fact that if you buy HitMan Pro, you can use that same key for HitManPro Alert and that is where your protection comes from.
HMP and HMPA together as they are intended (for me) is better than Zemana alone. ;)

When you buy HitMan Pro you get your scanner, but you also get all of this:
screenshot_13.png

I am very happy with my purchase, and this is one more part of my signature-less config
that I have come to like very much.
Are you sure? It says if you buy HitmanPro.Alert, you get HitmanPro but not the other way around. o_O
DPxSJ8n.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@Cohen
Either way, you get one of them free, and you may be correct I cant remember if I purchased the Alert, or just the scanner, but to be safe I will reword it here right now.
"If you buy HMPA you get the paid version of the scanner for free, all you have to do is insert the HMPA key into the scanner and it does activate"
There all fixed ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.