Zero62263's Setup

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks for sharing.
Do you have any firewall? or is Window firewall turned-on?
I presumed you have Applocker running as well (Since u are using Win 7 Ultimate).

Suggest you can add an anti-exploit protection (MBAE/ HMPA/ etc).
You can also add another on-demand scanner but that entirely up to you.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

Zero62263

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
Thanks for sharing.
Do you have any firewall? or is Window firewall turned-on?
I presumed you have Applocker running as well (Since u are using Win 7 Ultimate).

Suggest you can add an anti-exploit protection (MBAE/ HMPA/ etc).
You can also add another on-demand scanner but that entirely up to you.
I barely used any firewalls, it's too annoying.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. :)

If you do not have a portable HDD you could give Aomei One Key a look. ;) It will even help you create a new partition to backup to.

Also suggest to turn on UAC.

Zero62263

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
I would like to suggest a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. :)

If you do not have a portable HDD you could give Aomei One Key a look. ;) It will even help you create a new partition to backup to.

Also suggest to turn on UAC.
I don't use any backup solutions, cause I doesn't have any important information on my PC, and for UAC, it's keep mis-alerting me.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good to your configuration.

For extension add adblocker like Ublock origin or Adguard extension meanwhile prefer to have a backup to avoid a long process of reformat.

Still its up to you but we want to make your task lighter and productive.

Zero62263

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
So far so good to your configuration.

For extension add adblocker like Ublock origin or Adguard extension meanwhile prefer to have a backup to avoid a long process of reformat.

Still its up to you but we want to make your task lighter and productive.
Thanks for the tip! Added Adguard:cool:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Your configuration is pretty solid and as long as you practice safe computing habits, you shouldn't have any infection.

However, in order to better secure your system, I recommend a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper Pro.
These applications allow you to create a full backup system image which you can use to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image. (note that you can have multiple backup images)
These system backup images save you the trouble of re-installing Windows from scratch whenever a serious issue arises.
Restoring from system backup images takes around 10-20 minutes.

Other than that, you're all set. Thanks for sharing your configuration with us! :p

Reactions: Marcin and frogboy

Zero62263

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
Your configuration is pretty solid and as long as you practice safe computing habits, you shouldn't have any infection.

However, in order to better secure your system, I recommend a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper Pro.
These applications allow you to create a full backup system image which you can use to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image. (note that you can have multiple backup images)
These system backup images save you the trouble of re-installing Windows from scratch whenever a serious issue arises.
Restoring from system backup images takes around 10-20 minutes.

Other than that, you're all set. Thanks for sharing your configuration with us! :p
Well, my drives are usually filled up. So i think i should use a backup solution.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
W7 Ultimate SP2? According to this, only SP1 is available.
What is causing UAC to mis-alert you?
You also visit phising sites etc, perhaps consider doing so in a virtualized system instead (VirtualBox is a good alternative)
How are you blocking ads on Chrome/Firefox?

Zero62263

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
W7 Ultimate SP2? According to this, only SP1 is available.
What is causing UAC to mis-alert you?
You also visit phising sites etc, perhaps consider doing so in a virtualized system instead (VirtualBox is a good alternative)
How are you blocking ads on Chrome/Firefox?
About SP2, my brother said so. UAC keeps alerting me if i want to open my games and its annoying, Adguard extension on Chrome/Firefox and Yes, i visit phising sites with VirtualBox

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
About SP2, my brother said so. UAC keeps alerting me if i want to open my games and its annoying, Adguard extension on Chrome/Firefox and Yes, i visit phising sites with VirtualBox
You might wanna update the original post to list the extension and make reference on VB, otherwise most people will question or recommend such things.

UAC default settings should not keep alerting you if you open games. I am a gamer myself and yet to see such alerts.

As for SP2, link I provided is the official MS link, so I suppose SP2 was just a typo.
Historically:
XP went to SP3
Vista to SP2
7 to SP1
8 to 8.1

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I barely used any firewalls, it's too annoying.
What software Firewall had you used, to find it "too annoying"?
The default Windows Firewall is almost non-user interactive, so I would unsure to why you would disable it. How do you like TinyWall?

Are your computers, on your home network protected by a Hardware Firewall (check Router settings)?

Why do you visit Malicious/Phishing sites?

Zero62263

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
What software Firewall had you used, to find it "too annoying"?
The default Windows Firewall is almost non-user interactive, so I would unsure to why you would disable it. How do you like TinyWall?

Are your computers, on your home network protected by a Hardware Firewall (check Router settings)?

Why do you visit Malicious/Phishing sites?
Online Armor. TinyWall is lightweight. I visits phishing steams site to make phishers insert my fake infos.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually much better to test malware samples than visiting phishing sites as one of scenarios is stealing of information no matter if its a fake account. [ nothing surprise]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.